Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: My Transformation Won't Run Anymore

  1. #1

    Default My Transformation Won't Run Anymore

    This is solved. The issue was someone else had just edited some of the other steps and entered in field names that didn't exist so it was crashing out early on the runs. Found out just shortly after posting it. Thanks to those who looked anyway.

    I'm totally at a loss here. I made a transformation and it's been running fine for weeks. Today I added some steps and made a few minor changes. Set some of the update flags in my add/insert steps to Y. And now when I run the transformation it appears to start up and nothing happens. The steps in Step Metrics don't populate and the stop the running transformation button doesn't go green. It's like it stops right after I start it. However if I right click a step and go preview it runs somewhat normally and will preview the results normally. Has anyone ever encountered this before? What's going on?

    I've attached the ktr file. If anyone can help me that would be great. I'm running on a deadline today and thought this was just about finished as it was importing my records into the DB but now I'm worried I won't be able to deliver.

    Cheers/Thanks!

    Walter.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by codex; 01-08-2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: solved

  2. #2

    Default

    Yes, this seems to pop up now and then. Haven't resolved it as yet. The transformation does not start or Kettle simply stops responding

    Using the debug option or using a job around the transformation somehow (don't ask me why) seems to give the results I'm using version 4.4.0 on Windows 7
    Can't recall having these type of issues with 4.3.0.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blom0344 View Post
    Yes, this seems to pop up now and then. Haven't resolved it as yet. The transformation does not start or Kettle simply stops responding

    Using the debug option or using a job around the transformation somehow (don't ask me why) seems to give the results I'm using version 4.4.0 on Windows 7
    Can't recall having these type of issues with 4.3.0.
    Ah, cool so I wasn't crazy. Has someone submitted this as a bug do you know? It seems like it should be fixed as there's a problem that's not showing any debugging at all.

  4. #4

    Default

    One possible cause may be that - in a number of cases - the transformation does not run due to the fact that the first action against the target database being the truncate action 'hangs' due to an existing lock on the table.
    With PostgreSQL we notice that table locks persist with read actions. It takes a long while before existing connections are closed. The locks are then still there when a truncate is issued.

    The result is that both the pgAdminIII and Spoon tend to become inactive

    Perhaps this can be avoided with a different isolation level to avoid the table-locks occuring..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Privacy Policy | Legal Notices | Safe Harbor Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Hitachi Vantara Corporation. All Rights Reserved.