Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Hiding the marketplace

Default Hiding the marketplace

I don't want users without permissions to install plugins to see the marketplace in the pull down menu. They should just see Home, Browse Files, etc.

Does anyone know if that is possible?

Hi epfreed,

I haven't done it yet myself but all other PUC edits of this sort happen in the mantle code in the pentaho web app folder. check in the .../tomcat/webapps/pentaho/mantle folder. I would start by looking at the mantle.jsp file.

Ramses

I had the same concerns about the Marketplace until yesterday when I tried to install a plugin as a normal (non-Admin) user. PUC returned an error:

Error Installing--Unauthorized Access. Your Pentaho roles do not allow you to make changes to plugins.

Rename the plugin.xml to something like plugin.xml.OFF in the pentaho-solutions/system/marketplace directory. That will remove it for all users from the BI Server

It looks like the marketplace can be hidden from non-admin users by editing the plugin.xml file. Adding required-security-action="org.pentaho.security.administerSecurity" to the perspective tag like this:

<perspective id="marketplace.perspective" title="${marketplace}" layout-priority="-1" resourcebundle="content/marketplace/resources/lang/messages" content-url="content/marketplace/resources/marketplace.html"
    required-security-action="org.pentaho.security.administerSecurity">
    </perspective>

seems to work.