Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Parameter for OLAP datasource -- This prompt value is of an invalid value

Default Parameter for OLAP datasource -- This prompt value is of an invalid value

I'm running Pentaho BI Server 5.01 CE and PRD 5.01 on an Ubuntu 12.04 machine.

I have a report based on an OLAP datasource. I am trying to add a parameter to it.

I had a WHERE clause like this:
    WHERE [Dim Date.YearNum].[All Dim Date.YearNums].[2013] -- hard-coding 2013 as the year. To change it to use a parameter, I changed it to:
    WHERE strToMember(Parameter("sYear", STRING, "[Dim Date.YearNum].[All Dim Date.YearNums].[2013]"))

The preview looked OK ... so I added the parameter:
    Name: sYear
    Label: Year
    Value Type: String
    Value: [Vw Dim Year.YearNum]

When I attempt to run the report and I input 2013 in the Year prompt, I get a mesage that says "This prompt value is of an invalid value".

Additionally, when I look at the exception indicated by the little red circle in the lower right, I find "java.lang.Float cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer" .... and a long series of messages ending with a statement that it couldn't parse the MDX query.

Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

You declared the parameter as "Float", but your database actually returns "Integer" values. Fix your parameter definition to be of type "Integer" and the error goes away.

For parameters that are backed by a database query, and that are set to "strict value check", we compare the incoming values against the values supplied by the database. We therefore filter out any attempt of evil users to inject invalid data into your system - but your parameters have to be set up correctly for it to work.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Taqua View Post
    You declared the parameter as "Float", but your database actually returns "Integer" values. Fix your parameter definition to be of type "Integer" and the error goes away.
    Where did I mistakenly declare it as Float? I have 2 places saying String ... because ... when I try Integer or Number I get errors saying it can't parse the query due to not recognizing those words.

Thanks for the help!

Post the stacktrace and I will be able to tell you where things go wrong. You get that by clicking on the red icon in the status bar of the report designer.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Full query with changed section in bold:

SELECT NON EMPTY CrossJoin({[Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs], [Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs].Children}, CrossJoin({[Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs], [Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs].Children}, Union({[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountPrevMonth], [Measures].[AmountPrevYear], [Measures].[AmountYTD], [Measures].[MonthlyAvgThisYear], [Measures].[VariancePrevMonth]}, {[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountYTD]}))) ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY CrossJoin({[Vw Dim Year.YearNum].[All Vw Dim Year.YearNums].Children}, CrossJoin({[Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplay].[All Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplays].Children}, CrossJoin({[Vw Dim GLCategory.Category].[All Vw Dim GLCategory.Categorys].Children}, {[Dim GLAcct.Description].[All Dim GLAcct.Descriptions].Children}))) ON ROWS FROM [IncomeAnalysis]
    WHERE (
    strToMember(Parameter("sYear", STRING, "[Dim Date.YearNum].[All Dim Date.YearNums].[2013]")),
    [Dim Date.MonthName].[All Dim Date.MonthNames].[November])

Slightly different this time ... here's the exception w/ stack trace:

org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.ReportDataFactoryException: Failed to create datasource:Mondrian Error:Internal error: Error while executing query [select NON EMPTY Crossjoin({[Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs], [Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs].Children}, Crossjoin({[Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs], [Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs].Children}, Union({[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountPrevMonth], [Measures].[AmountPrevYear], [Measures].[AmountYTD], [Measures].[MonthlyAvgThisYear], [Measures].[VariancePrevMonth]}, {[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountYTD]}))) ON COLUMNS,
    NON EMPTY Crossjoin({[Vw Dim Year.YearNum].[All Vw Dim Year.YearNums].Children}, Crossjoin({[Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplay].[All Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplays].Children}, Crossjoin({[Vw Dim GLCategory.Category].[All Vw Dim GLCategory.Categorys].Children}, {[Dim GLAcct.Description].[All Dim GLAcct.Descriptions].Children}))) ON ROWS
    from [IncomeAnalysis]
    where (StrToMember(Parameter("sYear", STRING, "2013")), [Dim Date.MonthName].[November])
    ]
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.extensions.datasources.mondrian.AbstractMDXDataFactory.performQuery(AbstractMDXDataFactory.java:605)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.extensions.datasources.mondrian.AbstractNamedMDXDataFactory.performQuery(AbstractNamedMDXDataFactory.java:136)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.extensions.datasources.mondrian.BandedMDXDataFactory.queryData(BandedMDXDataFactory.java:54)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.CompoundDataFactory.queryStatic(CompoundDataFactory.java:125)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.cache.CachingDataFactory.queryInternal(CachingDataFactory.java:429)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.cache.CachingDataFactory.queryStatic(CachingDataFactory.java:178)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.CompoundDataFactory.queryStatic(CompoundDataFactory.java:120)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.CompoundDataFactory.queryData(CompoundDataFactory.java:75)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.states.datarow.DefaultFlowController.performQueryData(DefaultFlowController.java:221)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.states.datarow.DefaultFlowController.performQuery(DefaultFlowController.java:188)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.states.process.ProcessState.initializeForMasterReport(ProcessState.java:393)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.layout.output.AbstractReportProcessor.prepareReportProcessing(AbstractReportProcessor.java:468)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.modules.output.pageable.graphics.PrintReportProcessor.getNumberOfPages(PrintReportProcessor.java:78)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.modules.gui.base.PreviewPane$RepaginationRunnable.run(PreviewPane.java:271)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.util.Worker.run(Worker.java:174)
    Caused by: mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:Internal error: Error while executing query [select NON EMPTY Crossjoin({[Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs], [Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs].Children}, Crossjoin({[Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs], [Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs].Children}, Union({[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountPrevMonth], [Measures].[AmountPrevYear], [Measures].[AmountYTD], [Measures].[MonthlyAvgThisYear], [Measures].[VariancePrevMonth]}, {[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountYTD]}))) ON COLUMNS,
    NON EMPTY Crossjoin({[Vw Dim Year.YearNum].[All Vw Dim Year.YearNums].Children}, Crossjoin({[Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplay].[All Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplays].Children}, Crossjoin({[Vw Dim GLCategory.Category].[All Vw Dim GLCategory.Categorys].Children}, {[Dim GLAcct.Description].[All Dim GLAcct.Descriptions].Children}))) ON ROWS
    from [IncomeAnalysis]
    where (StrToMember(Parameter("sYear", STRING, "2013")), [Dim Date.MonthName].[November])
    ]
    at mondrian.resource.MondrianResource$_Def0.ex(MondrianResource.java:972)
    at mondrian.olap.Util.newInternal(Util.java:2403)
    at mondrian.olap.Util.newError(Util.java:2419)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.executeInternal(RolapConnection.java:706)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.access$000(RolapConnection.java:51)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection$1.call(RolapConnection.java:622)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection$1.call(RolapConnection.java:621)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
    Caused by: mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:MDX object '[2013]' not found in cube 'IncomeAnalysis'
    at mondrian.resource.MondrianResource$_Def1.ex(MondrianResource.java:989)
    at mondrian.util.IdentifierParser$BuilderImpl.resolveMember(IdentifierParser.java:81)
    at mondrian.olap.fun.FunUtil$7.memberComplete(FunUtil.java:2617)
    at org.olap4j.impl.IdentifierParser.parseMember(IdentifierParser.java:323)
    at mondrian.olap.fun.FunUtil.parseMember(FunUtil.java:2621)
    at mondrian.olap.fun.FunUtil.parseMember(FunUtil.java:2628)
    at mondrian.olap.fun.StrToMemberFunDef$1.evaluateMember(StrToMemberFunDef.java:46)
    at mondrian.olap.fun.TupleFunDef$CalcImpl.evaluateTuple(TupleFunDef.java:96)
    at mondrian.olap.fun.SetFunDef$SetListCalc$3.evaluateVoid(SetFunDef.java:178)
    at mondrian.olap.fun.SetFunDef$SetListCalc.evaluateList(SetFunDef.java:193)
    at mondrian.calc.impl.AbstractListCalc.evaluateIterable(AbstractListCalc.java:71)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.executeAxis(RolapResult.java:875)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.evalLoad(RolapResult.java:700)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.loadMembers(RolapResult.java:656)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.<init>(RolapResult.java:245)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.executeInternal(RolapConnection.java:671)
    ... 8 more

Thanks for your help!

If I change STRING to INTEGER in my query:
    strToMember(Parameter("sYear", INTEGER, "[Dim Date.YearNum].[All Dim Date.YearNums].[2013]"))

I get an error previewing:
    "Failed to preview the Query"
    org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.ReportDataFactoryException: Failed to create datasource:Mondrian Error:Failed to parse query 'SELECT NON EMPTY CrossJoin({[Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs], [Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs].Children}, CrossJoin({[Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs], [Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs].Children}, Union({[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountPrevMonth], [Measures].[AmountPrevYear], [Measures].[AmountYTD], [Measures].[MonthlyAvgThisYear], [Measures].[VariancePrevMonth]}, {[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountYTD]}))) ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY CrossJoin({[Vw Dim Year.YearNum].[All Vw Dim Year.YearNums].Children}, CrossJoin({[Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplay].[All Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplays].Children}, CrossJoin({[Vw Dim GLCategory.Category].[All Vw Dim GLCategory.Categorys].Children}, {[Dim GLAcct.Description].[All Dim GLAcct.Descriptions].Children}))) ON ROWS FROM [IncomeAnalysis]
    WHERE (
    strToMember(Parameter("sYear", INTEGER, "[Dim Date.YearNum].[All Dim Date.YearNums].[2013]")),
    [Dim Date.MonthName].[All Dim Date.MonthNames].[November])'
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.extensions.datasources.mondrian.AbstractMDXDataFactory.performQuery(AbstractMDXDataFactory.java:605)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.extensions.datasources.mondrian.AbstractNamedMDXDataFactory.performQuery(AbstractNamedMDXDataFactory.java:136)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.extensions.datasources.mondrian.BandedMDXDataFactory.queryData(BandedMDXDataFactory.java:54)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.ui.datasources.mondrian.MondrianPreviewWorker.run(MondrianPreviewWorker.java:90)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
    Caused by: mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:Failed to parse query 'SELECT NON EMPTY CrossJoin({[Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs], [Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs].Children}, CrossJoin({[Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs], [Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs].Children}, Union({[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountPrevMonth], [Measures].[AmountPrevYear], [Measures].[AmountYTD], [Measures].[MonthlyAvgThisYear], [Measures].[VariancePrevMonth]}, {[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountYTD]}))) ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY CrossJoin({[Vw Dim Year.YearNum].[All Vw Dim Year.YearNums].Children}, CrossJoin({[Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplay].[All Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplays].Children}, CrossJoin({[Vw Dim GLCategory.Category].[All Vw Dim GLCategory.Categorys].Children}, {[Dim GLAcct.Description].[All Dim GLAcct.Descriptions].Children}))) ON ROWS FROM [IncomeAnalysis]
    WHERE (
    strToMember(Parameter("sYear", INTEGER, "[Dim Date.YearNum].[All Dim Date.YearNums].[2013]")),
    at mondrian.olap.ConnectionBase.parseStatement(ConnectionBase.java:100)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.parseStatement(RolapConnection.java:759)
    at mondrian.olap.ConnectionBase.parseQuery(ConnectionBase.java:55)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.extensions.datasources.mondrian.AbstractMDXDataFactory.performQuery(AbstractMDXDataFactory.java:462)
    ... 4 more
    Caused by: mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:MDX object 'INTEGER' not found in cube 'IncomeAnalysis'
    at mondrian.resource.MondrianResource$_Def1.ex(MondrianResource.java:989)
    at mondrian.olap.Util.lookup(Util.java:1020)
    at mondrian.olap.Id.accept(Id.java:110)
    at mondrian.olap.ValidatorImpl.validate(ValidatorImpl.java:79)
    at mondrian.olap.fun.FunUtil.resolveFunArgs(FunUtil.java:2020)
    at mondrian.mdx.UnresolvedFunCall.accept(UnresolvedFunCall.java:102)
    at mondrian.olap.QueryAxis.validate(QueryAxis.java:291)
    at mondrian.olap.Query.resolve(Query.java:583)
    at mondrian.olap.Query.resolve(Query.java:446)
    at mondrian.olap.Query.<init>(Query.java:200)
    at mondrian.olap.Query.<init>(Query.java:161)
    at mondrian.olap.Parser$FactoryImpl.makeQuery(Parser.java:927)
    at mondrian.parser.MdxParserImpl.selectStatement(MdxParserImpl.java:1241)
    at mondrian.parser.MdxParserImpl.statement(MdxParserImpl.java:1074)
    at mondrian.parser.MdxParserImpl.statementEof(MdxParserImpl.java:188)
    at mondrian.parser.JavaccParserValidatorImpl.parseInternal(JavaccParserValidatorImpl.java:57)
    at mondrian.olap.ConnectionBase.parseStatement(ConnectionBase.java:96)
    ... 7 more

From the stack trace, it seems your reporting parameter handling is fine. But whatever you pass down to Mondrian does seem to make Mondrian vomit.

How is your Year column defined in your database, and how is it defined in your Mondrian Schema? And do the two match? And now, can you try passing the sYear parameter as exactly the type that you define in the Mondrian schema? And last but not least - change the reporting parameter to match the parameter-type/schema-type so that everything lines up.

Thanks, Taqua, with the suggestion. It makes sense, but I'm having trouble implementing it.
    In MySQL, I have: `YearNum` INT NOT NULL
    In the Mondrian schema, I have: <Level name="YearNum" uniqueMembers="false" column="YearNum" type="Numeric">

strToMember(Parameter("sYear", STRING, "[Dim Date.YearNum].[All Dim Date.YearNums].[2013]")) is obviously the wrong type.
    But strToMember(Parameter("sYear", INTEGER, "[Dim Date.YearNum].[All Dim Date.YearNums].[2013]")) isn't working either.

How should I define the parameter to work with the INT / Numeric type?

Thanks!

OK, I should say NUMERIC, not NUMBER or INTEGER. But strToMember is not happy with that ...
    Mondrian Error:No function matches signature 'strToMember(<Numeric Expression>)'

Other threads say, in absence of documentation look at the tests. So I'm looking at https://github.com/pentaho/mondrian/...meterTest.java ... but still not getting my syntax right.

WHERE Parameter("sYear", NUMERIC, "[Dim Date.YearNum].All dim Date.YearNums].[2013])

yields:
    Mondrian Error: No function matches signature '{<Numeric Expression>}'

I know I'm supposed to look at MSDN for MDX documentation, but as far as I can tell MS and Mondrian handle parameters differently. I really think I'm close if I could just find an example of the syntax for a numeric parameter.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DanielWilson; 01-20-2014 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Further testing, further results

OK, next attempt:

WHERE (
    Parameter("nYear", NUMERIC, [Dim Date.YearNum].[All Dim Date.YearNums].[2013]),
    [Dim Date.MonthName].[All Dim Date.MonthNames].[November])

Short error:

No function matches signature '(<Numeric Expression>, <Member>)'

Full stack:

org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.ReportDataFactoryException: Failed to create datasource:Mondrian Error:Failed to parse query 'SELECT NON EMPTY CrossJoin({[Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs], [Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs].Children}, CrossJoin({[Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs], [Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs].Children}, Union({[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountPrevMonth], [Measures].[AmountPrevYear], [Measures].[AmountYTD], [Measures].[MonthlyAvgThisYear], [Measures].[VariancePrevMonth]}, {[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountYTD], [Measures].[AllTimeAvg]}))) ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY CrossJoin({[Vw Dim Year.YearNum].[All Vw Dim Year.YearNums].Children}, CrossJoin({[Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplay].[All Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplays].Children}, CrossJoin({[Vw Dim GLCategory.Category].[All Vw Dim GLCategory.Categorys].Children}, {[Dim GLAcct.Description].[All Dim GLAcct.Descriptions].Children}))) ON ROWS FROM [IncomeAnalysis] WHERE (
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.CompoundDataFactory.queryStatic(CompoundDataFactory.java:125)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.CompoundDataFactory.queryData(CompoundDataFactory.java:75)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.cache.CachingDataFactory.queryInternal(CachingDataFactory.java:432)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.cache.CachingDataFactory.queryData(CachingDataFactory.java:326)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.editor.parameters.ParameterDialog.getDataFields(ParameterDialog.java:1400)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.editor.parameters.ParameterDialog$QuerySelectionHandler.contentsChanged(ParameterDialog.java:287)
    at javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(AbstractListModel.java:117)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.editor.parameters.StaticTextComboBoxModel.setValues(StaticTextComboBoxModel.java:46)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.editor.parameters.ParameterDialog$DataSetQueryUpdateHandler.valueChanged(ParameterDialog.java:232)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.editor.parameters.ParameterDialog$DataSetQueryUpdateHandler.treeStructureChanged(ParameterDialog.java:214)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.editor.parameters.DataFactoryTreeModel.fireTreeDataChanged(DataFactoryTreeModel.java:229)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.editor.parameters.DataFactoryTreeModel.edit(DataFactoryTreeModel.java:70)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.editor.parameters.ProvisionDataSourcePanel$EditDataSourceAction.actionPerformed(ProvisionDataSourcePanel.java:159)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2012)
    <snip stuff in std java classes>
    at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Dialog.java:1013)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.designtime.swing.CommonDialog.setVisible(CommonDialog.java:281)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.designtime.swing.CommonDialog.performEdit(CommonDialog.java:193)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.editor.parameters.ParameterDialog.performEditParameter(ParameterDialog.java:1360)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.actions.report.EditParametersAction.performEditMasterReportParameters(EditParametersAction.java:267)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.actions.report.AddParametersAction.actionPerformed(AddParametersAction.java:75)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
    Caused by: mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:Failed to parse query 'SELECT NON EMPTY CrossJoin({[Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs], [Dim AssetGroup.Abbr].[All Dim AssetGroup.Abbrs].Children}, CrossJoin({[Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs], [Dim Subsidiary.Abbr].[All Dim Subsidiary.Abbrs].Children}, Union({[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountPrevMonth], [Measures].[AmountPrevYear], [Measures].[AmountYTD], [Measures].[MonthlyAvgThisYear], [Measures].[VariancePrevMonth]}, {[Measures].[Amount], [Measures].[AmountYTD], [Measures].[AllTimeAvg]}))) ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY CrossJoin({[Vw Dim Year.YearNum].[All Vw Dim Year.YearNums].Children}, CrossJoin({[Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplay].[All Vw Dim Month.MonthDisplays].Children}, CrossJoin({[Vw Dim GLCategory.Category].[All Vw Dim GLCategory.Categorys].Children}, {[Dim GLAcct.Description].[All Dim GLAcct.Descriptions].Children}))) ON ROWS FROM [IncomeAnalysis] WHERE (
    at mondrian.olap.ConnectionBase.parseStatement(ConnectionBase.java:100)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.parseStatement(RolapConnection.java:759)
    at mondrian.olap.ConnectionBase.parseQuery(ConnectionBase.java:55)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.extensions.datasources.mondrian.AbstractMDXDataFactory.performQuery(AbstractMDXDataFactory.java:462)
    ... 101 more
    Caused by: mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:No function matches signature '(<Numeric Expression>, <Member>)'
    at mondrian.resource.MondrianResource$_Def0.ex(MondrianResource.java:969)
    at mondrian.olap.ValidatorImpl.getDef(ValidatorImpl.java:205)

at mondrian.olap.fun.FunUtil.resolveFunArgs(FunUtil.java:2023)
    at mondrian.olap.QueryAxis.validate(QueryAxis.java:291)
    at mondrian.olap.Query.resolve(Query.java:583)
    at mondrian.olap.Query.resolve(Query.java:446)
    at mondrian.olap.Query.<init>(Query.java:200)
    at mondrian.olap.Query.<init>(Query.java:161)
    at mondrian.olap.Parser$FactoryImpl.makeQuery(Parser.java:927)
    at mondrian.parser.MdxParserImpl.selectStatement(MdxParserImpl.java:1241)
    at mondrian.parser.MdxParserImpl.statement(MdxParserImpl.java:1074)
    at mondrian.parser.MdxParserImpl.statementEof(MdxParserImpl.java:188)
    at mondrian.parser.JavaccParserValidatorImpl.parseInternal(JavaccParserValidatorImpl.java:57)
    at mondrian.olap.ConnectionBase.parseStatement(ConnectionBase.java:96)
    ... 104 more
    <deleted some duplication to get under 20,000 chars ...>

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.parameters.DefaultListParameter.<init>(DefaultListParameter.java:53)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.editor.parameters.ParameterDialog.createParameterResult(ParameterDialog.java:1187)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.editor.parameters.ParameterDialog.performEditParameter(ParameterDialog.java:1362)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.actions.report.EditParametersAction.performEditMasterReportParameters(EditParametersAction.java:267)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.actions.report.AddParametersAction.actionPerformed(AddParametersAction.java:75)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)