Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to access dashboard without authentication in Pentaho 5.0 Platform

Question How to access dashboard without authentication in Pentaho 5.0 Platform

Before we can simply append parameter ?userId=joe&password=password to by pass the security check for a given dashboard, now the default userId was changed from joe to admin, but simply appending parameters ?userId=admin&password=password does not work out of the box.

Then I was looking at the alternative solutions, which is removing the security for Pentaho BA Server 5.0, by following the guide http://infocenter.pentaho.com/help50..._security.html

This doesn't seem to work, although it is no longer require the user to login using the standard login box, it will challenge user with a pop up window for authentication, and it appear to be basic authentication window.

Is there a way to get rid of this basic authentication?

Please help.

Thanks.

Zheng

that was a regression. It's supposed to work on 5.0.3 EE (due on February) and there's a workaround that you can use until then (you need to edit a configuration file).

Check here for the workaround (it's on the comments): http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-10708
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

Thank you Pedro

Pedro, that workaround allows us to supply used/password on URL... you know any workaround for actually disabling security, like that guide chenzhengbc mentioned - that used to work in version 4.8 but not in 5?
    Join us on IRC! =)

Twitter / Google+ / Timezone: BRT-BRST
    BI Server & PDI 5.4 / MS SQL 2012 / Learning CDE & CTools
    Windows 8 64-bit / Java 7 (jdk1.8.0_75)

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez
    PLEASE NOTE: No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.

I'm no expert.Take my comments at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by joao.ciocca View Post
    you know any workaround for actually disabling security, like that guide chenzhengbc mentioned - that used to work in version 4.8 but not in 5?
    Hi João,

disabling(read: bypassing) security on 5.0 is addressed here. The documentation will soon be updated accordingly.

Best regards,

Pedro Teixeira

Ok, tried that. Shutdown the server, made the changes defined in that PDF.

Somethings were weird, like I couldn't find (as in there was none) <acl­-voter> in pentaho.xml, so I thought I'd just have to insert what the PDF said.

And so I got some errors, log here. But mainly:
    Code:
    org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 152 of document file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Pentaho/biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/pentaho.xml : Element type "acl" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>". Nested exception: Element type "acl" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
    Nested exception:
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Pentaho/biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/pentaho.xml; lineNumber: 152; columnNumber: 6; Element type "acl" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
    and these two repeated about 20 times. Then, there was another one:

Code:
    11:21:06,129 ERROR [Logger] Error: Pentaho11:21:06,131 ERROR [Logger] misc-org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem: org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.PentahoSystemException: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0014 - [pt_71] Error while trying to execute startup sequence for org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.EmbeddedQuartzSystemListener
    org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.PentahoSystemException: org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.PentahoSystemException: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0014 - [pt_71] Error while trying to execute startup sequence for org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.EmbeddedQuartzSystemListener
    if I try to open localhost:8080 all I get is this message:
    Code:
    Pentaho Initialization Exception

The following errors were detected
    [pt_49] One or more system listeners failed. These are set in the systemListeners.xml.
    org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.PentahoSystemException: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0014 - [pt_71] Error while trying to execute startup sequence for org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.EmbeddedQuartzSystemListener
    Please see the server console for more details on each error detected.
    Join us on IRC! =)

PLEASE NOTE: No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.

I got it to work.
    I followed the steps in the PDF, skipped the step with the <acl-voter> since I couldn't find that in pentaho.xml.
    Then I also followed Zheng Chen's comment in the Jira ticket and replaced the system/applicationContext-spring-security.xml file line 22 and 23 as follows:

line 22 and 23 in my pentaho server would be:
    /api/**=securityContextHolderAwareRequestFilterForWS,httpSessionPentahoSessionContextIntegrationFilter,httpSessionContextIntegrationFilter,basicProcessingFilter, requestParameterProcessingFilter, anonymousProcessingFilter,exceptionTranslationFilterForWS,filterInvocationInterceptorForWS
    /plugin/**=securityContextHolderAwareRequestFilterForWS,httpSessionPentahoSessionContextIntegrationFilter,httpSessionContextIntegrationFilter,basicProcessingFilter,requestParameterProcessingFilter,anonymousProcessingFilter,exceptionTranslationFilterForWS,filterInvocationInterceptorForWS
    Modifying the following link I can access dashboards from any computer:
    http://localhost:8080/pentaho/api/re...sword=password
    with both admin and the user specified by me.

As to the method failing on different installations - I haven't tried that yet.

Code:
    Fev 18, 2014 3:40:56 PM com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse mapMappableContainerException
    SEVERE: The RuntimeException could not be mapped to a response, re-throwing to the HTTP container
    org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open JCR session for transaction; nested exception is javax.jcr.LoginException: LoginModule ignored Credentials
    Join us on IRC! =)

Quote Originally Posted by aHadnagy View Post
    I got it to work.
    I followed the steps in the PDF, skipped the step with the <acl-voter> since I couldn't find that in pentaho.xml.
    Then I also followed Zheng Chen's comment in the Jira ticket and replaced the system/applicationContext-spring-security.xml file line 22 and 23 as follows:

Modifying the following link I can access dashboards from any computer:
    http://localhost:8080/pentaho/api/re...sword=password
    with both admin and the user specified by me.

As to the method failing on different installations - I haven't tried that yet.
    Yeah. just follow PDF step

I'm feeling really incompetent here. I even tried re-downloading the biserver & ctools, and starting over from scratch. I keep getting these errors.
    Join us on IRC! =)

Quote Originally Posted by joao.ciocca View Post
    I'm feeling really incompetent here. I even tried re-downloading the biserver & ctools, and starting over from scratch. I keep getting these errors.
    I must say although I got it to work, I'm not satisfied with the solution. First off, when passing the login information in the dashboard link, obviously the browser stores it in a cookie and whoop you're logged onto the biserver.
    Second off, the changes in the PDF promote a solution where admin is stripped away of all rights, basically. I can't publish prpt's, I can't manage data sources. When I try to trace the steps in the PDF and change individual lines, adjust them to my need, I end up being tangled up in a web of errog logs.
    It is a solution, but it's not quite there yet.

Hi pedro and forum members. I tried the requestParameterProcessingFilter workaround, and it works. I am trying this solution in a jpivot invocation.
    The Jpivot cube is displayed correctly the first time. When i drill down the cube, it crashes.
    if i restore the original spring security file, the cube works ok.
    I am testing it with the steel wheels example.

Why adding
    requestParameterProcessingFilter is modifying the cube drill behavior?

Thanks for any clue....

Check the server logs. there might be some clue there.
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

Hi All. I made some source code changes as indicated in https://github.com/pentaho/pentaho-platform/pull/942 , and apply the requestParameterProcessingFilter workaround, and it works. Thanks.