Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: BI Server 5 Adminstration Users

Default BI Server 5 Adminstration Users

I have been using Hibernate to manage users and roles in an earlier version of the BI Server. I am looking to upgrade to the 5.0 version server and have (finally) managed to configure the BI Server to use the hibernate user and authorities tables that were used in previous releases.

I can now login into the BI Server using the users and passwords supplied from hibernate.

However I have noticed when accessing the Administration section in BI Server 5, the Users and Roles listed are still displaying the default entries which are obviously stored with the HSQL jackrabbit system. These entries do not allow login so I know my BI Server is using Hibernate Db now.

How do I get the Adminstration of Users and Roles to point to the Hibernate database?
    Last edited by andersdd; 01-29-2014 at 05:15 PM.

You can change security type from jackrabbit to jdbc.

Quote Originally Posted by dsantonastaso View Post
    You can change security type from jackrabbit to jdbc.
    I've done that to get the BI Server authentication working. But the BI Server Administration Console (now embedded inside the BI Server) is still showing what I presume the jackrabit users and roles. If I edit a role or user in the Admin section nothing happens - which is what I expect given I have switched the BI Server auths to jdbc.