Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: BTable on Penthao 4.8

Default BTable on Penthao 4.8

Hello Forum,

Yesterday, with precious help from Pedro (see http://forums.pentaho.com/showthread...l-install-Help!!) I finally succeded in manually deploying CDF/CDA/CDE, by-passing strong opposition from my proxy.
    After doing so, my pre-existing installation of BTable became usable.

I did run Tools->BTable, which resulted in a "about" text page with tabs on top, and using one of the tabs I could "import" an existing schema I was already using with Saiku.
    After that, running BTable from the toolbar icon, I obtained a white-style page with a few dropdown selectors in wich I could see my cubes, dimensions and measures.

Then it was time to go home, so I shut down.

This morning, after reboot, I resumed from where I left, and tried to run BTable from the tollbar icon, but:
    • I got a black-ish page (pentaho "onyx" style, not the same as yesterday) with similar selectors, but they are all empty
    • If I run Tools->BTable I get the same "about" text page, but tabs on top are not there anymore, so that there is apparently nothing I can do

I always used the same pentaho user, with administration rights ("joe"), and I always logged to the various systems using the same accounts (all with adminstrative rights).
    What could I possibly have done wrong?
    Where should I look for errors?

Stelvio.

Quote Originally Posted by stelvio View Post
    This morning, after reboot, I resumed from where I left, and tried to run BTable from the tollbar icon, but:
    • I got a black-ish page (pentaho "onyx" style, not the same as yesterday) with similar selectors, but they are all empty
    • If I run Tools->BTable I get the same "about" text page, but tabs on top are not there anymore, so that there is apparently nothing I can do
    Ciao Stelvio,
    if you open your browser console (in Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + k) and try to run BTable Analyzer from the toolbar or BTable from Tools submenu, do you see errors?

At the bottom of this mail I copy what I got in the Java Console of Chrome after logging in as "joe" and clicking on Tools->BTable, but unfortunately I realized I have more serious problems.
    At this moment I'm concentrating on analysis, on order to produce a crosstab, but in my installation I have developed a number of reports (using Report Designer and metadata): today I realized that those report don't run anymore, and I get errors such as this in my tomcat log:

09:27:43,854 ERROR [GenericServlet] GenericServlet.ERROR_0002 - Could not get content generator: pentaho-cdf
    09:27:44,695 ERROR [GenericServlet] GenericServlet.ERROR_0004 - Resource /reporting/reportviewer/cdf/cdf-module.js not found in plugin reporting

(Mind you: reportviewer/cdf does not exist in my installation, and does not exist on another server in which my reports are still working. cdf-module.js exists somewhere else in the installation, but it's a 0-length file)
    Any hints?
    It seems somehow a consequence of installing BTable or CDF/CDA/CDE.

However, as announced, this is the output of my java console:

• [COLOR=red !important]Uncaught ReferenceError: Dashboards is not defined about:54[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=red !important]Uncaught ReferenceError: Dashboards is not defined about:186[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=red !important]Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined about:192[/COLOR]

Sorry for pasting with some extra stuff. Here is the same console output pasted as plaintext (not sure which one is more readable ...)

GET http://ivreappth01:8080/pentaho/mant...ngs.properties 404 (Not Found) 387EBC8E433F259ABB238B846D272B56.cache.html:7704
    GET http://ivreappth01:8080/pentaho/cont...ges.properties 404 (Not Found) 387EBC8E433F259ABB238B846D272B56.cache.html:7704
    GET http://ivreappth01:8080/pentaho/cont...ges.properties 404 (Not Found) 387EBC8E433F259ABB238B846D272B56.cache.html:7704
    Uncaught ReferenceError: BaseComponent is not defined CDF.js?v=f22cefaa290818aacd42525c931f86ef:2
    Uncaught ReferenceError: Dashboards is not defined about:54
    Uncaught ReferenceError: Dashboards is not defined about:186
    Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined about:192

I think you've an issue with jQuery, so CDF and BTable don't work.
    I read you use Chrome... have you tried with another browser?

Ciao

Luca

Behavior with Microsoft IE is exactly the same.
    My guess is that installation of CTools outside of Marketplace is somewhat "incomplete", and does not deploy or configure all it needs to be.
    However, I cannot by-pass the proxy, so I have to investigate.
    I'll take a look a jQuery, as you suggest.
    I'm also planning to compare a fully functional deployment, to see what the differences are.

One thing I forgot to mention, which could, maybe, cause problems to CDF/CDA/CDE, is that in my installations I do not have the sample databases (such as "steel-wheels") and I'm almost sure I also removed references to those in all of the jdni configurations.

Stelvio.

Finally, the only way out I found was to copy cgg, cda, pentaho-cdf and pentaho-cdf-dd folders from a (proxy-less) server on which they had been installed using Marketplace.

I have no idea what the jar installation is doing wrong.

Stelvio.