Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: conn err to connect enterprise repository of remote linux machine frm Windows m/c

Exclamation conn err to connect enterprise repository of remote linux machine frm Windows m/c

Hi all,

I am trying to connect enterprise repository of remote linux machine from local Windows machine using the command line (command:
    C:\Program Files\pentaho502\design-tools\data-integration>pan.bat -rep=admin -us
    er=admin -password=password
    ) and schedule a job stored in the repository.

But the following error is occuring :"Processing has stopped because of an error com.sun.xml.ws.client.ClientTransportException: The server sent HTTP status code 401:Unauthorized.
    Processing has stopped because of an error com.sun.xml.ws.client.ClientTransportException: The server sent HTTP status code 401:Unauthorized"

I followed the steps provided in http://www.lyzovani-olesnice.cz/bise...leshooting.pdf(pg no 18) and followed steps mentioned below to correct the error but still the same error is coming
    Executing Scheduled Jobs on a Remote Carte Server
    Follow the instructions below if you need to schedule a job to run on a remote Carte server. Without making theseconfiguration changes, you will be unable to remotely execute scheduled jobs.

Stop the DI Server and remote Carte server.
    Open the /pentaho/server/data-integration-server/tomcat/webapps/pentaho-di/WEB-INF/web.xml file with a text editor.
    Find the Proxy Trusting Filter filter section, and add your Carte server's IP address to the param-value element.
    <filter><filter-name>Proxy Trusting Filter</filter-name><filter-class>org.pentaho.platform.web.http.filters.ProxyTrustingFilter</filterclass><init-param><param-name>TrustedIpAddrs</param-name><param-value>127.0.0.1,192.168.0.1</param-value><description>Comma separated list of IP addresses of a trusted hosts.</description></init-param><init-param><param-name>NewSessionPerRequest</param-name><param-value>true</param-value><description>true to never re-use an existing IPentahoSession in the HTTPsession; needs to be true to work around code put in for BISERVER-2639</description></init-param></filter>
    Uncomment the proxy trusting filter-mappings between the <!-- begin trust --> and <!-- end trust --> markers.
    <!-- begin trust --><filter-mapping><filter-name>Proxy Trusting Filter</filter-name><url-pattern>/webservices/authorizationPolicy</url-pattern></filter-mapping><filter-mapping><filter-name>Proxy Trusting Filter</filter-name><url-pattern>/webservices/roleBindingDao</url-pattern></filter-mapping><filter-mapping><filter-name>Proxy Trusting Filter</filter-name><url-pattern>/webservices/userRoleListService</url-pattern></filter-mapping><filter-mapping><filter-name>Proxy Trusting Filter</filter-name><url-pattern>/webservices/unifiedRepository</url-pattern></filter-mapping><filter-mapping><filter-name>Proxy Trusting Filter</filter-name><url-pattern>/webservices/userRoleService</url-pattern></filter-mapping><filter-mapping><filter-name>Proxy Trusting Filter</filter-name><url-pattern>/webservices/Scheduler</url-pattern></filter-mapping><filter-mapping><filter-name>Proxy Trusting Filter</filter-name><url-pattern>/webservices/repositorySync</url-pattern></filter-mapping><!-- end trust -->
    Save and close the file, then edit the carte.sh or Carte.bat startup script on the machine that runs your Carte server.
    Add -Dpentaho.repository.client.attemptTrust=true to the java line at the bottom of the file.
    java $OPT -Dpentaho.repository.client.attemptTrust=true org.pentaho.di.www.Carte "${1+$@}"
    Save and close the file.

Start your Carte and DI Server
    You can now schedule a job to run on a remote Carte instance.

I followed all these steps but stilll the same error
    "Processing has stopped because of an error com.sun.xml.ws.client.ClientTransportException: The server sent HTTP status code 401:Unauthorized.Processing has stopped because of an error com.sun.xml.ws.client.ClientTransportException: The server sent HTTP status code 401:Unauthorized"
    is repeating.
    If any one has any suggestion.kindly reply

Thanks and Regards,
    Fabeena Mary

Last edited by fabeena; 02-03-2014 at 07:20 AM.

With an enterprise edition, why don't you contact Pentaho for direct support?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Hi,
    Thank you so much for the reply.Actually I am trying to connect from a WINDOWS machine with PDI 5.0.If u are aware about this error,Could u pls tell me the possible reason for this error?

Thanks and Regards,
    Fabeena

I would have told you if I knew.

Again: Enterprise repository is an EE feature. Using PDI-5.0-EE you should be on a support plan which entitles you to direct help from Pentaho support, I understand. So why do you waste your time?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Hi,
    Thanks for the info.Now I would be contacting the Admin team for support as you directed.

Thanks and Regards,
    Fabeena
    Last edited by fabeena; 02-04-2014 at 02:29 AM.