Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: CAS authentication in pentaho BI Server 5.0

Default CAS authentication in pentaho BI Server 5.0

Hi,
    I am trying to do CAS authentication in pentaho 5.0 for this I have followed tutorial defined
    http://blog.datamensional.com/2011/0...-cas-and-ldap/
    http://tecnologia.2020mobile.es/sing...ion-using-cas/

but that was for older versions.

I have modified my applicationContext-spring-security.xml and added cas-client-core-3.2.1.jar ,spring-security-cas-client-2.0.5.RELEASE.jar

but I am getting Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'authenticationManager' defined in file [H:\biserver-ce-5.0.1-stable\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system\applicationContext-spring-security.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'casAuthenticationProvider' while setting bean property 'providers' with key [1]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'casAuthenticationProvider' defined in file [H:\biserver-ce-5.0.1-stable\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system\applicationContext-spring-security.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'userDetailsService' while setting bean property 'userDetailsService'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userDetailsService' defined in file [H:\biserver-ce-5.0.1-stable\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system\applicationContext-spring-security-jackrabbit.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'userRoleDaoTxn' while setting bean property 'userRoleDao'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userRoleDaoTxn' defined in file [H:\biserver-ce-5.0.1-stable\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system\repository.spring.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'userRoleDao' while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userRoleDao' defined in file [H:\biserver-ce-5.0.1-stable\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system\repository.spring.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'extraRoles' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'extraRoles' is defined.

I have attached my applicationContext-spring-security.xml and detailed log file.
    Please guide me to drill in.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,
    Did you found a solution? I'm facing the exact same issue.

Thanks,

kwv

Quote Originally Posted by kwv View Post
    Hi,
    Did you found a solution? I'm facing the exact same issue.

Thanks,

kwv

No ..still digging in.

Hitting the same "No bean named 'extraRoles' is defined". any pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by arunsuresh View Post
    Hitting the same "No bean named 'extraRoles' is defined". any pointers?
    Check that in pentaho-spring-beans.xml you have two NOT commented lines:

<import resource="applicationContext-spring-security.xml" />
    <import resource="applicationContext-spring-security-cas.xml" />

Then check that in applicationContext-spring-security.xml you have the following bean:

Code:
    <bean id="extraRoles" class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.ListFactoryBean">
        <property name="sourceList">
          <list>
            <ref bean="defaultRole" />
            <ref bean="anonymousRole" />
          </list>
        </property>
    </bean>
    Hope this helps.

Hi,

Anyone post pentaho 5 & CAS setup with clear step by step guide...?

Thanks,
    Shiva.