Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to pass input parameters of table or structure type to "SAP input" step

Default How to pass input parameters of table or structure type to "SAP input" step

Hello, I new to PDI and I have been struggling to use the SAP Input step.
    It is really easy to use it when the input type of the RFC/BAPI function is not of a complex type, let say, a single string or integer, but I have not yet managed to pass a complex type parameter to this step.
    I have been digging a lot on the forums but I have not yet found a topic where this has been discussed.
    Can you help?

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  31.6 KB

In the above example I am using the "SAP input" step to call upon function "RRW3_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA" to return some data from SAP.
    This function has 3 input parameters of "Structure" type and I can't seem to be able to generate these parameters.
    For clarification, using the "Generate Rows" step with some some values assigned to these parameters does not work as I get a conversion error (string to struture).

Thanks

Default There are some option?

Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    Hello, I new to PDI and I have been struggling to use the SAP Input step.
    It is really easy to use it when the input type of the RFC/BAPI function is not of a complex type, let say, a single string or integer, but I have not yet managed to pass a complex type parameter to this step.
    I have been digging a lot on the forums but I have not yet found a topic where this has been discussed.
    Can you help?

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  31.6 KB

In the above example I am using the "SAP input" step to call upon function "RRW3_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA" to return some data from SAP.
    This function has 3 input parameters of "Structure" type and I can't seem to be able to generate these parameters.
    For clarification, using the "Generate Rows" step with some some values assigned to these parameters does not work as I get a conversion error (string to struture).

Thanks

Hi Nuno, i have the same problem, so i want to know if you found some solution about it...

Thank you