Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: JDBC (Custom) Datasource Missing

Default JDBC (Custom) Datasource Missing

Just noticed that with PRD 5.0.1 that its not possible (from what i can see) to add this type of datasource anymore. The datasource does however still exist in PRD in certain samples and also still works. We are able to copy a JDBC Custom Datasource from a sample report and paste in in our own but im confused to why it cannot be added directly to a new report. Or maybe its just been moved somewhere else?

Cheers

Harris
    www.ivy-is.co.uk - Ivy Information Systems

Come join the non official Pentaho IRC chat room on irc.freenode.net in the ##pentaho channel

Not missing, just hidden. The datasource is deprecated, and deprecated elements are hidden by default. Of couse, when a report already defines an deprecated item, we show it to you - thats why it shows up on your old reports.

Use the preferences (Edit->Preferences) to make them show up.

The JDBC(Custom) datasource, as well as the equivalent other MDX(Custom) etc datasources are deprecated as we have a perfectly sane and much more powerful datasource scripting system in the core data-sources these days.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. I understand why it might be hidden now. So onto my next question. Whats the new method that might replace the JDBC Custom connection? Im looking at creating the dynamic grouping / SQL reports at the moment. If you remember the video it was something along the lines of this.

http://michaeltarallo.blogspot.co.uk...ho-report.html

If you have any pointers / examples on where to get started with this kind of grouping / SQL on PRD 5.0.1 it would be greatly appreciated

Will we see you for IRC hours today?

Cheers

Harris
    www.ivy-is.co.uk - Ivy Information Systems

Come join the non official Pentaho IRC chat room on irc.freenode.net in the ##pentaho channel

Hi all,
    I have the same needs ,could you guys tell me also. Really Really appreciated if you can help me.