Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Manually editing Mondrian schema in Pentaho CE 5.0

Default Manually editing Mondrian schema in Pentaho CE 5.0

Hi

I am trying to find a decent and simple way to edit my schemas manually, like I did it in 4.x (edit schema file and flush mondrian cache). Now the schemas are stored in JCR so I have to export it, edit it, and then import it back by adding a new datasource!? I suppose there is some more simple way to do this (by not using schema designer if possible)?

Thanks very much for any information :-)

regards, dejan

Hello,
    I don't know any other ways to update mondrian schema files in CE 5.0. Honestly, it does not really take me more time to do this way than before JCR.
    Otherwise, there is the Repository Synchronizer plugin (in the marketplace) that enables to keep a file system based repository versus the JCR repository. However, in your case, I think this will be even harder to maintain...
    Rgds,

Well, I am often doing modifications to my schemas, especially during development. Each change requires saving the schema file (less than a second) and refreshing cache (less than a second in Saiku). Now, the most time consuming part is going to PUC, adding a new datasource, choosing schema file, importing it (replacing the existing schema). Btw, I am using Synchronizer but I didn't notice it has transfered schema files to the filesystem (maybe I am doing omething wrong). Anyway, as you said, this is even more time consuming :-(

Or maybe, for development, you could use a standalone Saiku server, which only requires to refresh cache. (You're right concerning the Synchronizer, it does not replicate datasources... my bad!)