Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: problem with kettle-engine.jar file.

Post problem with kettle-engine.jar file.

Hi All,

I have created a job in Kettle and trying to integrate it with my existing Java Application, but things are not going fine with kettle-engine jar file.
    when i keep kettle-engine.jar file in class path or lib folder then its showing some strange messages in console/log when i compile my application.
    Please find the attachment for error.log for it.

if i dont use kettle-engine.jar file then its working fine and build is flowing to further stages properly and showing that class files in package import org.pentaho.di.trans.* not found, PFA error2.log for it.

i have tried to use two different versions of libs kettle-engine.jar (4.4 version) and kettle-engine-5.0.1-stable.jar (5.5 stable), but still ending with same error.

is thr any other way where we can avoid this error ?

Regards,
    S.A. Mateen
    Attached Files Attached Files

Error 1:
    org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column m_production.em_rcpr_create does not exist

so.. make sure that column exists in the DB

RCPR_ProductionRun_Create.java:44: error: cannot find symbol
    prun doesn't seem like it's a PDI class, so figure out where it's coming from - you're most likely missing a jar somewhere.

In Error 2, you have a bunch of cannot find symbol entries from org.pentaho.di.trans.*, which is expected, since you took out where java can link those to.
    Last edited by gutlez; 03-07-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Hi Gutlez,

I am able to solve the database issues, but i am not able to use kettle-engine.jar in my web application, which i want to use ,
    Any hints/reference .... ?

Regards,
    S.A. Mateen

Not particularly, unless you have new error logs.
    You should be able to add kettle-engine.jar in your web application, but you have to sort out what is going on with prun class.

Kettle engine.jar have dependencies on kettle core. That means you will not be able to compile with stand-alone engine.
    compiler clear about it:

Code:
        [javac] Compiling 1511 source files to /home/mateen/instances/costing/build/classes
        [javac] /home/mateen/instances/costing/modules/com.redcarpet.production/src/com/redcarpet/production/ad_process/RCSS_CostingBackgroundProcess.java:5: error: cannot find symbol
        [javac] import org.pentaho.di.core.KettleEnvironment;
        [javac]                           ^
        [javac]   symbol:   class KettleEnvironment
        [javac]   location: package org.pentaho.di.core

Ok. i ll check and get back to u.