Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Date over web service with repository gives error "cannot find transformation"

Default Date over web service with repository gives error "cannot find transformation"

Hi,

I am trying to use the Data over web service feature with a transformation stored in a file repository. When I am calling the Carte server with

HTML Code:
    http://ipaddress:8187/kettle/executeTrans/?rep=repo_project_file&trans=%2Fmisc%2Fget.ktr
    it always gives me this error back:
    Code:
    <webresult>
      <result>ERROR</result>
      <message>Unexpected error executing the transformation&#x3a; &#xd;&#xa;org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException&#x3a; &#xd;&#xa;Unable to find transformation &#x27;get.ktr&#x27; in directory &#x3a;&#x2f;misc&#xd;&#xa;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.pentaho.di.www.ExecuteTransServlet.loadTransformation&#x28;ExecuteTransServlet.java&#x3a;203&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.pentaho.di.www.ExecuteTransServlet.doGet&#x28;ExecuteTransServlet.java&#x3a;96&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service&#x28;HttpServlet.java&#x3a;707&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service&#x28;HttpServlet.java&#x3a;820&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle&#x28;ServletHolder.java&#x3a;511&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle&#x28;ServletHandler.java&#x3a;390&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle&#x28;SessionHandler.java&#x3a;182&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle&#x28;ContextHandler.java&#x3a;765&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle&#x28;ContextHandlerCollection.java&#x3a;230&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle&#x28;HandlerCollection.java&#x3a;114&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle&#x28;HandlerWrapper.java&#x3a;152&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle&#x28;Server.java&#x3a;326&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest&#x28;HttpConnection.java&#x3a;536&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection&#x24;RequestHandler.headerComplete&#x28;HttpConnection.java&#x3a;915&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext&#x28;HttpParser.java&#x3a;539&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable&#x28;HttpParser.java&#x3a;212&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle&#x28;HttpConnection.java&#x3a;405&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector&#x24;Connection.run&#x28;SocketConnector.java&#x3a;228&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;    at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool&#x24;PoolThread.run&#x28;QueuedThreadPool.java&#x3a;582&#x29;&#xd;&#xa;</message>
      <id/>
    </webresult>

The transformation file is definitely stored at that location, I have triple checked that and the Carte server is configured to use the repository.
    When I am calling the transformation via file path, it works fine though.

Is there anything I am missing here?

Bobse
    PDI 7
    Postgres
    Windows 7

Never mind ... just recognized, that the mistake was the .ktr at the end. With the suffix, it works fine.
    PDI 7
    Postgres
    Windows 7