Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho Monitrong

Default Pentaho Monitrong

Hi,
    I like to know what is the level of features available in Pentaho on the Monitoring capabilities.
    Do we need to relay on the logs and spoon metrics in windows ?

If we have the PDI in linux server with clustered is there any way of monitoring the PDI jobs and transformations ?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by princeus View Post
    Hi,
    I like to know what is the level of features available in Pentaho on the Monitoring capabilities.
    Do we need to relay on the logs and spoon metrics in windows ?

If we have the PDI in linux server with clustered is there any way of monitoring the PDI jobs and transformations ?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    Logs can be hooked up to write to DB tables. I was wondering if anyone has written a nice web interface for viewing/managing those logs. Anyone?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by codex View Post
    Logs can be hooked up to write to DB tables. I was wondering if anyone has written a nice web interface for viewing/managing those logs. Anyone?

Cheers
    Thanks for the reply.
    Anyother viable options other than logs available out of the box in Pentaho Monitoring ?

Quote Originally Posted by princeus View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Anyother viable options other than logs available out of the box in Pentaho Monitoring ?
    Pentaho's logging is actually ridiculously powerful. As I was saying you can send logs to the DB and anywhere in your transformation you can add a log step, add whatever messages you want, pick a logging level that will show up in, and add any fields you want from the stream. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking to do but I'd be surprised if the out of the box stuff (given how simple it is to modify) wouldn't be enough for you.

Cheers,

Walter.

I am looking some kind of UI based monitoring tool which can show the various job/transformation metrics.
    I happen to see the below but not sure if I can still use that.

http://infocenter.pentaho.com/help/i...atus_page.html