Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: how to disable cache

Default how to disable cache

I work on version 4.8
    I have 200 users and I would like everyone to see the changes from the db . Can I disable the cache?
    I tried to insert false cached , but it only works if you first send the command " mondrian schema cache"
    I tried to copy the file: .. biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/admin/clear_mondrian_schema_cache.xaction in .. biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/Clear_cache/clear_mondrian_schema_cache.xaction to schedule to be able to say the least visible from the PAC, but it is as if the scheduling not work ( for group DEFAULT OR ADMINI )
    Because if I disabled the cache ( datasource panel - cache= false) , and change the data in the DB , I see the changes ONLY after manual Modrian schema cache?
    I do always like to see the changes to the DB ?
    I can schedule Modrian schema cache? how?
    I would like users to see the data from the db and if there are any changes , see the Changes

Thanks in advance

Disabling the mondrian cache is a very bad idea in terms of performance. Are you sure ?
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

Hello Pedro!

I think I have the same issue here, I know it's not a good idea too.

The problem is, I need to flush the Mondrian cache via PDI after execute a Job, with Pentaho 4.8 i'm using the clear_mondrian_schema_cache.xaction and that's easy, but with Pentaho 5.0, I think I don't have this option. So the only solution I can see in this moment is to disable the Mondrian cache... What do you think?

Thanks!

There's an url that clears the Mondrian Cache. I've seen a post today with it at pentahobr:

/pentaho/api/system/refresh/mondrianSchemaCache
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

If you are running Pentaho 4.8, just install Ctool's CDC component. You can load the little application and go to the cube and exactly what you want to clear out of Mondrian's cache and capture the URL. Then you can clear it from PDI with an HTTP step.

Beware, Pedro Vale and team are still working on updating CDC to work with 5.0.

Hi,

I ave the same problm, do you find a solution ?

Thanks

I have the same problem as you , did you find a solution ?

thanks