Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Database connections have disappeared

Default Database connections have disappeared

Hello. I'm very new to Pentaho but not to ETL in general. I am very familiar with the Microsoft BI stack. My issue is that inside of PDI my database connection folder keeps coming up empty. I can browse the connections inside of the repository but they are not present to the transformations. As a result, the connections inside of source/destination/lookup transforms are blank.

I'm using PDI version 5.0.1. The repository is a MySQL database.

Based on some searches I've tried the following:
    • clearing database cache
    • clearing repository cache
    • removing shared.xml from .kettle folder - restarted spoon

None of these have worked. I'm able to query the repository database inside of MySQL and can see the connections. They are there but have somehow become detached from the transformations.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing here. Is there a configuration or setting that needs to be changed?

I wanted to add a bit more color to my issue. I'm adding screenshots of the empty database connections folder for the transformation as well as a shot of them being present inside the repository. Hope this gives us enough to make recommendations or to tell me where I've gone astray.

Attachment 13072

Attachment 13073

Anyone? Has anybody else seen their "database connection" folder inside PDI go empty. I ended up creating a new repository and exporting/importing the existing transformations. Before doing so I recreated the database connections. I'm Ok now but just wondering why this would happen and if there's a better solution than building a new repository.

Thanks for any feedback.
    Last edited by kadams21; 04-09-2014 at 01:09 PM.