Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Parsing string in XML output

Default Parsing string in XML output

Hi,
    i had select some data from HTML with JSoup, and now i have in output 4 strings: title, authors, date, source... these strings are formed like:

Code:
    title=  title1 + "\r\n" + title2 + "\r\n" + ...... + titlen + "\r\n"
    authors= authors1 + "\r\n" + authors2 + "\r\n" + .......... + authorsn + "\r\n"
    And date and source are similars formed to title and authors... Now if i try to write them with XML output i get something like

Code:
     <title> title1
     title2
     titleN
    </title>
    <authors> authors1
     authors2
     authorsN
    </authors>
    if i split strings with steps "Split field to rows" (one for title, one for authors, etc), kettle gaves me something like

Code:
    <title>title1</title><authors>authors1</authors>.......
    <title>title1</title><authors>authors2</authors>.......
    <title>title1</title><authors>authors3</authors>.......
    What should i do to get a single book with title1, authors1, date1, source1; title2, authors2, date2, source2; etc
    I tried to watch all the functions but i can't find something that gives me the possibility to combine data in that form into a XML.... If i use "split fields to rows" 4 times (one for string) i get something like 160k rows O.O

Perhaps the bigger part of your problem stems from the way you read the formatted text from the Scopus response?
    You should provide sample input to play with and a precise description of the XML output you need.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

for example i need to extract from this

Code:
    <div class="dataCol2"><label class="hidden-label">Document</label>
    <span class="docTitle">	     
    <a href="http://www.scopus.com/record/display.url?eid=2-s2.0-84896062472&amp;origin=resultslist&amp;sort=plf-f&amp;src=s&amp;st1=flesca&amp;sid=CB6B7BF29B4C406FC28B0A56BC998655.WXhD7YyTQ6A7Pvk9AlA%3a20&amp;sot=b&amp;sdt=b&amp;sl=19&amp;s=AUTHOR-NAME%28flesca%29&amp;relpos=0&amp;relpos=0&amp;citeCnt=0&amp;searchTerm=AUTHOR-NAME%28flesca%29" title="Show document details" onclick="javascript:submitRecord('2-s2.0-84896062472','0','0');">On the complexity of probabilistic abstract: Argumentation</a>
    </span>
    </div>
    <div class="dataCol3">
    <label class="hidden-label">Authors of Document</label>
    <span class="">
    <a href="http://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.url?origin=resultslist&amp;authorId=15131404100&amp;zone=" title="Show author details">Fazzinga, B.</a>, <a href="http://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.url?origin=resultslist&amp;authorId=55926108000&amp;zone=" title="Show author details">Flesca, S.</a>, <a href="http://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.url?origin=resultslist&amp;authorId=36020331900&amp;zone=" title="Show author details">Parisi, F.</a>
    </span>
    </div>
    <div class="dataCol4">
    <label class="hidden-label">Year the Document was Publish</label>
    <span class="">
    </span>
    </div>
    <div class="dataCol5">
    <label class="hidden-label">Source of the Document</label>
    <span class="">
    IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence
    </span>
    </div>
    i should get this kind of xml

Code:
    <book>
    <title>On the complexity of probabilistic abstract: Argumentation</title>
    <author>Fazzinga B.</author><author>Flesca S.</author><author>Parisi F.</author>
    <year>2013</year>
    <source>IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence</source>
    now i can easy select parts with jsoup and form the output as {title}_{authors}_{year}_{source} and i can split it with "Split fields" and get 4 string: Title, Authors, Year, Source... now the last problem is how can i split various authors :-/ and get them in the XML