Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Install Pentaho DI on AWS EC2

Question Install Pentaho DI on AWS EC2

I am trying to install pentaho DI community edition on AWS.

Wanted to ask if direct link for a bin file of pdi-de is not available for linux environment.

When I download a stable.zip file, do I need to install postgre or mysql beforehand? Can somebody provide a list of steps to be followed?

I am taking reference from http://www.schenkels.nl/2013/12/how-...ostgresql-9-2/

Please help.
    Thanks.

The link provided above is about installing Pentaho BI while you writing about Pentaho DI. It may be different products. You may first check do you have EE license or a free one and specifying which exact product you are interesting in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
    The link provided above is about installing Pentaho BI while you writing about Pentaho DI. It may be different products. You may first check do you have EE license or a free one and specifying which exact product you are interesting in.
    I want to install pdi-ce and also I was not referring to the exact steps as I wanted to do it for PDI not BI.

Thanks.

pdi-ce is just zip archive - there is no special installation steps. EE PDI edition including PDI server (tomcat java with webapp deployed etc.) with scheduling capabilities and other.
    I am not sure in this case what you are going to have as the result of the 'installation', remote server (Carte) to execute transformations in cloud? Or remote desktop to use Spoon?