Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: running cmdrunner with a different schema

Default running cmdrunner with a different schema

Hi,

I am new to Mondrian. I have installed Mondrian and CmdRunner from source (got the jar files for both). Now I am trying to run cmdrunner with my schema file, but I am not sure how I should change the properties in the properties file. I have changed the following in my properties file, to remove foodmart and add my schema:

mondrian.catalogURL=file:///C:\\Users\\maliha\\Desktop\\dev\\mondrian\\redemption.xml
    mondrian.Jdbc=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3307/mydb?user=root&password=mypass
    mondrian.jdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    driver.classpath=C:\Users\maliha\Desktop\dev\mondrian\cmdrunner\mondrian source\mondrian-3.6.1-sources\git\mondrian\testlib\mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin.jar

I executed the following in command prompt:
    java -jar lib\cmdrunner.jar -p cmdrunner.properties

When I run any query CmdRunner gives the following error:
    Mondrian Error:Internal error: Error while creating SQL connection: Jdbc=jdbcdbc:MondrianFoodMart

Looks like it's using the default connection string. Where is it picking the connection string from? How do I change it? I have used "mondrian.Jdbc" to specify the connection string, but I don't know if this is a valid property.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Maliha

Not sure why it's giving you the error it is, but I don't think the driver.classpath is used by cmdrunner. Try setting the path explicitly in your classpath, something like:

java -cp "lib/cmdrunner.jar:../drivers/mysql-connector-java-5.1.22-bin.jar" mondrian.tui.CmdRunner -p cmdrunner.properties