Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Error when trying to save job

Default Error when trying to save job

Hi all,

I've just started using version 5.0.1-stable.
    When trying to save a new job, I encounter the following error:

org.pentaho.di.core.logging.JobLogTable cannot be cast to org.pentaho.di.core.logging.LogTableCoreInterface

It doesn't occur when saving a new transformation or when saving existing jobs (which I've created using version 4.3.0).

Does someone know the solution?

Thanks.

Can you provide some details about your kettle installation?
    I am not suer but this may be caused different classloaders was used to load kettle core and kettle engine. This way java does not recognize LogTableCoreInterface loaded with different classloaders.

Or if you can provide a job .kjb example to reproduce this issue this can be a bug and someone can fix it asap.
    Last edited by Dzmitry; 04-28-2014 at 09:14 AM.

I'm running kettle on windows 7, 64 bit.
    Build version: 5.0.01-stable
    Build date :2013-11-15_16-08-58.

As I said, the error occurs with every new job (can't event provide an example, since kettle won't save the file).

Take 4.3.0 version kettle, create simple job with LogJobTable defined and some dumb job entries. Try to open it with 5.0.1.
    If it will fail - you may post it directly to jira as a bug. ( http://jira.pentaho.com)

Please post created kjb example here (.kjb) so anybody can test if it is fails on theirs 5.0.x version.

I haven't seen this kind of issues. Maybe someone else?
    I think if it is real bug you may not be alone with this situation. Many folks (I suppose) use old jobs/trans with 5.0.1 version.
    Otherwise root cause can not be only version changes but some hidden issues.