Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: need help in 2: can't run a job from kitchen, and can't create a data base repository

Default need help in 2: can't run a job from kitchen, and can't create a data base repository

Hi, im despered at this moment, i have the following problems:
    1- i tried to run a job from kitchen and there is no way i can do it, this is my .bat file content, the .bat from kitchen and spoon has not been touch
    ###########################################
    set JAVA_HOME=C:\Pentaho\jre
    set KETTLE_HOME=C:\Pentaho\data-integration
    set KETTLE_DIR=C:\Pentaho\data-integration
    set hr=%time:~0,2%
    if "%hr:~0,1%" equ " " set hr=0%hr:~1,1%

rem %KETTLE_DIR%\Kitchen.bat /file:%KETTLE_HOME%\Booking_Ratio\Booking_Ratio_Job.kjb /user:admin /pass:admin /logs/%filename%
    C:
    cd \Pentaho\data-integration
    call "Kitchen.bat" /rep:"C:\Producto\Pentaho\Repository" /job:"\Booking_Ratio_Job.kjb" /dir:"\Booking_Ratio" /user:admin /pass: /level:Basic > C:\Producto\Pentaho\logs\Kettlelog.log
    #######################################################
    2- i tried to créate a repository and it give me th following error. i tried to change the password, but i can't see th security tab en the repository. when i tried to enter th password, it give me an error
    org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException:
    Error connecting to the repository!

The version of the repository is -1.-1.
    This Kettle edition requires it to be at least version 5.0 and as such an upgrade is required.
    To upgrade, backup your database and export the repository to XML for additional safety.
    Then select the 'Edit' button followed by the 'Create or Upgrade' button.
    Please consult the Upgrade Guide for eventually special instructions for this version.

at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.delegates.KettleDatabaseRepositoryConnectionDelegate.connect(KettleDatabaseRepositoryConnectionDelegate.java:165)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.KettleDatabaseRepository.connect(KettleDatabaseRepository.java:194)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.KettleDatabaseRepository.connect(KettleDatabaseRepository.java:180)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.repository.RepositoriesHelper.loginToRepository(RepositoriesHelper.java:249)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.repository.controllers.RepositoriesController$3.run(RepositoriesController.java:216)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException:
    The version of the repository is -1.-1.
    This Kettle edition requires it to be at least version 5.0 and as such an upgrade is required.
    To upgrade, backup your database and export the repository to XML for additional safety.
    Then select the 'Edit' button followed by the 'Create or Upgrade' button.
    Please consult the Upgrade Guide for eventually special instructions for this version.
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.delegates.KettleDatabaseRepositoryConnectionDelegate.verifyVersion(KettleDatabaseRepositoryConnectionDelegate.java:217)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.delegates.KettleDatabaseRepositoryConnectionDelegate.connect(KettleDatabaseRepositoryConnectionDelegate.java:145)
    ... 5 more
    Last edited by Paloalto; 05-01-2014 at 04:40 AM.