Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: MySQL Stored Procedures Example

Default MySQL Stored Procedures Example

MYSQL STORED PROCEDURES EXAMPLE
    So because a certain Kettle fan kept spamming this forum, I'm sending you an example of how to use stored procedures on MySQL.

Please note that procedure support on MySQL is still very young and a couple of issues are to be found in even the latest stable version of the JDBC driver. Therefor, do NOT use the example posted earlier on this forum by this certain Kettle fan, but stick to normal/simple MySQL procedure code.

Here is an example, use the latest version of Kettle as this one has the latest JDBC driver as well as code for the "Find it button..." as well as a couple of minor fixes to help MySQL PL support along a bit:

<pre>
    create procedure spro2(IN inarg1 INT, IN inarg2 INT, OUT outarg INT)
    begin
    set outarg = inarg1 + inarg2;
    end;
    </pre>
    OK, to get the result from that, given 2 input fields in Kettle: one and two, both Integer, you use these settings:

[*]proc-name: spro2[*]result-name: [*]parameter: one / IN / Integer[*]parameter: two / IN / Integer[*]parameter: sum/ OUT / Integer

That's it. This should work in all it's simplicity, just like it did for other database platforms like Oracle.

I'm asking everyone to be a bit patient though because there are still bugs being fixed like this one: MySQL bug #15777

All the best,

Matt

Default Retrieve OUT parameter from MYSQL stored procedure to stream

Quote Originally Posted by MattCasters View Post
    MYSQL STORED PROCEDURES EXAMPLE
    So because a certain Kettle fan kept spamming this forum, I'm sending you an example of how to use stored procedures on MySQL.

Please note that procedure support on MySQL is still very young and a couple of issues are to be found in even the latest stable version of the JDBC driver. Therefor, do NOT use the example posted earlier on this forum by this certain Kettle fan, but stick to normal/simple MySQL procedure code.

Here is an example, use the latest version of Kettle as this one has the latest JDBC driver as well as code for the "Find it button..." as well as a couple of minor fixes to help MySQL PL support along a bit:

<pre>
    create procedure spro2(IN inarg1 INT, IN inarg2 INT, OUT outarg INT)
    begin
    set outarg = inarg1 + inarg2;
    end;
    </pre>
    OK, to get the result from that, given 2 input fields in Kettle: one and two, both Integer, you use these settings:
    [*]proc-name: spro2[*]result-name: [*]parameter: one / IN / Integer[*]parameter: two / IN / Integer[*]parameter: sum/ OUT / Integer

That's it. This should work in all it's simplicity, just like it did for other database platforms like Oracle.

I'm asking everyone to be a bit patient though because there are still bugs being fixed like this one: MySQL bug #15777

All the best,

Matt
    I can't get the OUT parameter to the stream output. Any work arrounds?

I can't get the OUT parameter to the stream output. Any work arrounds?