Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Running Pentaho BI Server 5.0.1 on existing Tomcat 6 - Windows Platform

Default Running Pentaho BI Server 5.0.1 on existing Tomcat 6 - Windows Platform

WORK IN PROGRESS
    I've managed to get Pentaho BI Server 5.0.1 for Windows to run on my local Tomcat 6. Steps I took are:
    1.Stop your tomcat instance.
    2.Copy data, licenses, logs, pentaho-solutions, third-party-tools from \biserver-ce folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation (location where I installed my local Tomcat) folder.
    3.Copy pentaho and pentaho-style folder from \biserver-ce\tomcat\webapps to C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps folder.
    4.Edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\pentaho\WEB-INF\web.xml file and change port details(if required) and location of Quartz db:
    a.http://localhost:8080/pentaho/
    b.<param-value>sampledata@../../Apache Software Foundation/data/hsqldb/sampledata,hibernate@../../Apache Software Foundation/data/hsqldb/hibernate,quartz@../../Apache Software Foundation/data/hsqldb/quartz</param-value>
    </context-param>
    5.Start your tomcat instance.

Although Pentaho runs, there seems to be some configuration/classes/files that needs to be copied further. Trying to view sample reports that come with the installation comes up with errors.
    Last edited by Parameshwara; 06-10-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks for steps & explanation .