Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Reports suddenly refusing to open in browser; downloading as .prpt instead

Default Reports suddenly refusing to open in browser; downloading as .prpt instead

Good afternoon,

I am having some trouble with Pentaho BI-Server which is running on an Ubuntu 14.04 box. I have a couple of reports which, last week, ran fine.

On Monday we restarted the server ('stop-pentaho.sh' then 'start-pentaho.sh') and now the reports are behaving strangely. When we go to 'Browse Files' and open a report, it will download as a .prpt file. It will never open in the browser. I have tested this in Chrome and in IE.

What could have gone wrong?

Kind regards,

Will

Hi Will,

Restart the BA Server once and let's see the reports are open or not.

I have faced the same issue and I restarted Pentaho BA Server. Now, I'm able to open the reports.

Regards,
    Siva

Hi Siva,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, restarting the BA Server ('stop-pentaho.sh' then 'start-pentaho.sh') does not help. Restarting the Ubuntu box does not help either. The problem occurs on all browsers and from all client machines. I have also tried unzipping a new copy of the BA Server and loading a report onto that; same problem. Could it be something to do with a change in the Ubuntu server that I am unaware of?

Very vexing!

Will

Still no resolution.

Does anyone even know if this is likely to be Pentaho itself, the report files, the Ununtu OS or the Catalina webserver?

Hmm. Nothing on the web; no similar experiences on the Forums either.

I guess we need to move to Jasper!

Honestly, that sounds like a webserver configuration issue - instead of executing the PRPT, it is trying to send it to the browser. Since the browser doesn't know what to do with it, it gives the "Save" option.