Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho Report Designer - Firing same queries multiple times to display chart

Default Pentaho Report Designer - Firing same queries multiple times to display chart

Hi,
    I have created a report using PRD 5.0.2 where chart has been used for displaying data.

During execution of the report I have observed that in spite of executing the query once it is executing multiple times at database and causing severe performace issue.

Please suggest why the query is executing multiple times for chart and how to fix this issue.

Regards,
    Abhishek

Are you using the dynamic query scripting?

Yes I am using Dynamic Query Scripting using ECMAScript.

Make sure you return a valid array of field names in the "computeQueryFields" method. If that method is missing or you return <NULL> then we treat that as a signal that you do not want any caching.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Hi everyone!
    I have a similar problem and I'm not using any script. When I run my report in Pentaho Report Designer and I do a "show processlist" at the DB, I see only one process. However, when I run the report through Pentaho User Console, I got 6 processes with the same query. No idea why. I'm using PRD 5.0.1.

I hope I can get some insight about how to solve this.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,

Tatan.

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention that, when I chose the parameters and click on "View Report" button, the page "render" 6 times.
    - I've set the Master Report Attributes: auto-submit and auto-submit-default to false (in case this info matters).
    - I have 7 parameters: 2 drop downs with queries and 5 text-box with no query.
    Last edited by tatankamonh; 10-07-2014 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention more details