Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: pdi 5.1 and agile bi

Default pdi 5.1 and agile bi

I have tried to install on pdi 5.1 ( dowloaded from sourceforge => http://sourceforge.net/projects/pent...2.zip/download) the agile bi plugin ( downloaded from sourceforge => http://sourceforge.net/projects/pent...2.zip/download ) .
    My os is windows 7 32 bit with java version 1.7.0_65 .
    I have unzipped the pmv-5.1.0.0-752.zip and copied the agile-bi dir in data-integration\plugins .
    At this point i have started spoon but it does not start anymore ( it only visualize the splash screen ) .
    If i remove the dir agile-bi spoon work well .
    I have run spoon also from the dos command line but i can't see any error .
    Have i done something wrong ?
    Thanks for any answer ?

I think that in PDI 5.1 you can install the Agile plug in using the Marketplace.
    Have you tried it?
    -- Mick --

i have checked the marketplace òist of plugins but i have not find the agile plugin in it .

anyway i have solved the problem copying the lib slf4j-api-1.7.3.jar and slf4j-log4j12-1.7.3.jar in /data-integration/plugins/agile-bi/lib/ .

To display the error on the console i have run spoon with the command SpoonDebug.bat .

Spoon now is working and however i get the error that follow :

Launching Spoon: "E:\Programs\pentaho\pdi\bin\5.1.0\data-integration\spoon.bat" /levelebug
    Console output gets redirected to "E:\Programs\pentaho\pdi\bin\5.1.0\data-integration\SpoonDebug.txt"
    2014-09-19 10:54:13.553::INFO: Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
    2014-09-19 10:54:13.578::INFO: jetty-6.1.21
    2014-09-19 10:54:13.730::WARN: Web application not found plugins/spoon/agile-bi/platform/webapps/pentaho
    2014-09-19 10:54:13.741::WARN: Failed startup of context org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@adc04c{/pentaho,plugins
    /spoon/agile-bi/platform/webapps/pentaho}
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: plugins/spoon/agile-bi/platform/webapps/pentaho
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.resolveWebApp(WebAppContext.java:965)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.getWebInf(WebAppContext.java:800)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebInfConfiguration.configureClassLoader(WebInfConfiguration.java:62)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:457)
    at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
    at org.pentaho.agilebi.platform.JettyServer.startServer(JettyServer.java:77)
    at org.pentaho.di.core.lifecycle.pdi.AgileBILifecycleListener$1.run(AgileBILifecycleListener.java:106)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    2014-09-19 10:54:13.808::INFO: Started SocketConnector@localhost:10000

what should I do to resolve this error ?
    thanks for any answer .

Hi Claudio,

had the same problem. I was able to make it work by creating a dir junction between /data-integration/plugins/spoon and /data-integration/plugins (use mklink /J in a cmd shell running as Administrator). I don't know if this is the best solution, but at least it worked for me. Now I can use the modeler that before was trowing a nullPointer Exception. I also had to create the esapi dir and add esapi.properties and validation.properties from google (there are posts in the forum about this). I noticed that Spoon is much slower at startup after the the jetty error was fixed.

hope this helps
    Cheers

Hi Claudio,

Can you elaborate on how to create the junction?

1. I dont see the path /data-integration/plugins/spoon
    2. Would you be able to elaborate the steps you did to create the esapi dir and how you added the esapi.properties and validation.properties file.

REgards,

Nathan

Hi All,

I was able to resolve the issue by simply doing the following steps:

1. Add the missing slf4j-api-1.7.3.jar file to the /lib folder
    2. Create the folder /spoon inside the /data-integration/plugins/
    3. Unzip the pmv* file to the path ./data-integration/plugins/spoon

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards,

Nathan