Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Running report designer from within BI server

Default Running report designer from within BI server

I'm running the BI server 5.2 and from using http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Home

I have seen screenshots where they show creating reports from within BI server.

I downloaded the report designer and I can run it outside of the BI server. How can I run run the report designer from within the BI server?

The Report Designer is a old school desktop application. It cannot be run inside the server or in a browser. You probably have seen images of Pentaho Interactive Reporting, which is part of the enterprise edition.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Ok that makes sense. Is it possible then to create reports with the report designer and schedule them in the BI server?

Yes. Create normally, then publish (either from PRD via File->Publish) or via the upload command inside the user console. Once its on the server, you can schedule it like any other report.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

When you say "upload command inside the user console" do you mean from http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Home I don't see anything to upload

In your bi server and then "Browse Files" you have in the Folder Actions the opportunity to upload a file