Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Mongodb plugins to be included in a java app

Default Mongodb plugins to be included in a java app

Hey guys,
    I have a transformation using Pentaho 5.1 (CE) and the job executed via spoon works. The transformation takes data from CSV like format and sends it to Mongodb.
    Now I have webapp, via which I wanna run this job. I have included kettle-core (5.1.preview.506), kettle-engine(5.1.preview.506) for sure. That did not work. I then incuded all the jars under plugins/pentaho-mongodb-plugin. I am still getting this error

Missing plugins found while loading a transformation
    Step : MongoDbOutput

Any ideas as to what plugin am I missing

Well...figured out with an Engineer at Pentaho's help help.
    Though this answer doesn't fit well with how java WAR files are designed, essentially you need the entire plugins folder passed in as an argument (-D) to your app server. Here's an example

-DKETTLE_PLUGIN_BASE_FOLDERS=/Users/user1/Documents/pdi-ce-5.1.0/data-integration/plugins

The key here is, it has to be "plugins" folder, that's why I don't think it works very well with the WAR structure. It's a minor adjustment though considering it can be a remote folder outside of your WAR

Well...figured out.Though this answer doesn't fit well with how java WAR files are designed, essentially you need the entire plugins folder passed in as an argument (-D) to your app server. Here's an example
    -DKETTLE_PLUGIN_BASE_FOLDERS=/Users/user1/Documents/pdi-ce-5.1.0/data-integration/plugins

Well...figured out with Matt's help. Though this answer doesn't fit well with how java WAR files are designed, essentially you need the entire plugins folder passed in as an argument (-D) to your app server. Here's an example

Quote Originally Posted by dilipl View Post
    Well...figured out with Matt's help. Though this answer doesn't fit well with how java WAR files are designed, essentially you need the entire plugins folder passed in as an argument (-D) to your app server. Here's an example

Thank you. Helped me out!