Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: sending mail to different dynamic people

Default sending mail to different dynamic people

Hello,

I am new to PDI and using PDI-5.1-CE for my work. I want to extract data from mysql database and sent it to different users via email whose name matched with the name present in the excel file(The excel file has 2 fields: name and email-id of people to whom I have to send data extracted from database). I am able to extract data from database and save it to text file with email-id of different users as the name of the file. Now I want to send those files to different users according to the name of the file. I am not able to figure out how to send those files as attachment to diiferent users as per the name of the files.

Please help me regarding this. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Kaushik Karan

Hello ,

I did this implement earlier.

You have to use Get File Names step to retrieve text file name and send it to Mail step in Transformation.
    -- NITIN --

Name:  Screenshot from 2014-11-18 15_35_09 - Copy.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  34.8 KB

I have made the following process. But still its not working. I may not be able to put it properly.

Instead of the last two steps in your transformation you could create a second transformation like the one in my picture.
    Add Constants is supposed to provide the necessary values for all the Mail step fields.
    Wrap it up in a Kettle job and be done.

Name:  THATSIT.png
Views: 267
Size:  7.1 KB
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.