Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Imports same cell from different excel file input

Exclamation Imports same cell from different excel file input

Hi!

I need to import the same cell from different excel file.
    I have use RegExp to read all the excel file from a folder and if i press show file I see they. After i have import the sheet that is equal for all the file and I have set the right columns and rows of the cell, I've import header from Fields.
    If I try to press the button "Preview Rows" I see only value from the cell of the first file of the list. Sameone could help me or publish a solution to my problem?

Thanks.
    Last edited by MattiaPentaho; 11-19-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiaPentaho View Post
    Hi!

I need to import the same cell from different excel file.
    I have use RegExp to read all the excel file from a folder and if i press show file I see they. After i have import the sheet that is equal for all the file and I have set the right columns and rows of the cell, I've import header from Fields.
    If I try to press the button "Preview Rows" I see only value from the cell of the first file of the list. Sameone could help me or publish a solution to my problem?

Thanks.
    Hi Mattia,

No it will not show you the content from all the excel files at the time of "Preview Rows" but when you run your transformation you will get values from all
    the Excel Sheets say for simplicity take one select step and do the preview you will get data from all your sheets.

Grazie,
    Malay

Thank you Malay.
    I've tried to execute my job but it write only the cell of the first file that it goes to read from the folder. Could you write the necessary step to read the cell freom all the file in the folder?

Hi Mattia,
    I think that you will have to read one Excel file at the time.

There are few posts about it.
    -- Mick --

Quote Originally Posted by MattiaPentaho View Post
    Thank you Malay.
    I've tried to execute my job but it write only the cell of the first file that it goes to read from the folder. Could you write the necessary step to read the cell freom all the file in the folder?

Hi Mattia,

PFA, Zip folder. Hope that will solve your problem.

Thanks,
    Malay
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mt25; 11-20-2014 at 06:32 AM.