Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Not able to find metadata data source when trying to create interactive report

Exclamation Not able to find metadata data source when trying to create interactive report

Hi All,

I have created my metadata file and uploaded the file in the BI server. When i am trying to use the added metadata datasource to create interactive report i am not seeing any datasource in the list. I have kept the log-level to debug and tried verifying but still didnt get any hunch.Can anyone please help with this.

Metadata Data source in Manage Datasources:
    Name:  Manage Datasource.png
Views: 106
Size:  10.3 KB
    Metadata Data source not available in select Datasources
    Name:  Select Datasource.png
Views: 88
Size:  7.5 KB

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

Found where i went wrong.. Made some changes in my jdbc security files. Now i am getting my metadata data sources in select data source pop-up only when i am administrator but uanble to get them when i am a authenticated user. Can someone please help how can i fix this. What should be the configuration changes i must make in order to make it available.

Thanks,
    Santosh
    Last edited by santoshbhagavatula; 11-25-2014 at 05:04 AM. Reason: mistake

Hi ,

I understand that i am not getting the metadata data source in selected data source's as my authenticated user doesn't have permission to access the data source. I am trying to make changes in my metadata.xmi file. We are using jdbc authentication in our production enviroment. When i am trying to access roles and users we have in our production i am not getting anything. No role or no user is coming the xml file. Can some one please help me with this.

Thanks,
    Santosh