Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: File extracted by PDI

Default File extracted by PDI

Hello

I am using ubuntu 14.04 LTS for my PDI 5.1 CE. I am extracing data from mysql server and sending as attachment in csv format. I am not able to send the csv as attachment using Kettle Job. It gives the following error:

Problem while sending message: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 552-5.2.3 Your message exceeded Google's message size limits. Please visit http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...py?answer=8770 to review our size guidelines. x10sm4022971pdr.11 - gsmtp

I found out that the attachment file(csv) exceeds the gmail attachment limit of 25MB. When I use the same query directly in mysql-workbench, I got an output file(csv) of only 500kb. Both the files have same data which I have verified manually. I don't know why does it happening. How to reduce the file size and send the file as attachment. Please help me regarding this.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
    Kaushik Karan

How do you create the text file using PDI?
    Have you opened the text file with a text editor to see what's going on?
    Could it be that for each string field the text file has padded the field with space characters?
    -- Mick --

I am using text output to extract data and put into file. I am saving it in csv format. Yes, I opened the file to check whats going on and found it has lots of blank spaces.

Make sure you turn off output formatting: Open TFO settings dialog, select page "Content" and enable "Fast Data Dump" .
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Thanks alot. It works.