Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho Data integrator - specifying schema at JNDI or passing as parameter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pentaho Data integrator - specifying schema at JNDI or passing as parameter

've following scenario,

1. A Petaho KTR/KJB code to populate a table - dim_customer

2. I've a database (ABC) with schemas within the database (schema_1, schema_2, schema_3)

3. Each schema has dim_customer as table with exact same structure

4. I also have source_system_1, source_system2, source_system3 from where I get customer information to populate in target schema_1, schema_2, schema_3 respectively

Need is

1. Have one copy of ETL and pass (or configure somewhere in JNDI or other place in pentaho setup) connection information including schema information such that the same ETL can be used for three target schema

Question to you is - how do I make this happen? What are the steps I've to follow in configuration that will allow me to achieve this

If instead of schema, I would have databases, I think it is easy solution by having three JNDI files, each with same connection label but different actual connection details...and passing corresponding JNDI for each of the three executions..

But I'm stuck here because I've multiple schemas within a database

I would greatly appreciate any pointers

thanks, ronak

Hi,

considering your case to load data from different machines which has different schemas, i would suggest you to create properties file on different machines which their schema names...

for ex. consider:-
    source_system_1 which has properties file with schema.name=schema1
    and
    source_system_2 which has properties file with schema.name=schema2

after creating properties file, you can load it at first by using set variables in job, then you can use
    schema.name as parameter in rest of transformation

Hope you got it.

Regards,
    Mateen