Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Count conditional hidden Rows in Report - Designer

Default Count conditional hidden Rows in Report - Designer

First of all, i'm new here, so i will say "Hello World (or, in this case Forum)!"
    I'm from Germany, and i work since 1 Week with the Report-desinger, i'm also a 'greenhorn' on designing Reports... and sorry about my english, too!

So, now my question:

i get a full SQL-Request in ower database, and at creating the Report i hide some Rows dependend on some mandatory Parameters with a Formluar in the "Style" Tab, Field "Visible" like "=if([GroupSummary]<20;FALSE();TRUE())" (The 20 is the Mandatory field "SummaryFilter").

My Problem is, i have to count only the visible Rows of the inner Group. (I have create three Groups for summary, the hidden rows only in the inner Group, that also Detail-Rows).
    I create band for every Row in the inner Group. And every Band is denpending on the Conditional Formluar.
    I can Count the hole Rows of the innergroup by using using the Function "Group Count" and reset the Counter on the parent Group. That works fine, but i have to subtract the hidden rows.
    How can i resovle the Problem? Someone

-> To Implement the Mandatory Field in the SQl-Statement is possible, but in this case the Data request runs a long time, exactly to long. So, it is a good Idea to get first all data an then filter on Mandatory-Field in the Report

Thanks for helping
    Katja

Create a named formula expression (Data->Add Function->Open Formula) with your condition and make it return either 1 (if hidden) or 0 (if visible). Give it a sensible name, as you will need to reference this function later. Then use your standard item-sum function to get the number of hidden rows by summing up the function you just created. Then combine the normal sum and this sum in a new open-formula function subtracting one from the other.

=IF([GroupSummary]<20;1;0)
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Thanks!
    That works fine.

Thanks!
    It works fine

Default How to get the count based on colours in row bind

How to get the count based on colours in row bind

i have applied rowbinding where iam getting rows as blue and white. how to get the count of rows that are in blue colour.please help