Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: This tool really disappoints me. It is completelly bugged.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default This tool really disappoints me. It is completelly bugged.

    I will try to post again in this forum, albeit I find it completelly useless, since moderators seem to not publish my posts.


    Well, I have one ETL project to load a Data Wharehouse. I build my transformations locally using Spoon and they ran wonderfully. I was very happy at the time.

    However, now I am alway from my office and came up with the idea to put carte.sh to run and to run the transformations there.

    Fantastic idea. I searched the documentation and finally set it up. It is running I am able to send my transformations to it and monitor them.

    But here endes my happy story. From now on, only tears and gray skies.

    The steps started to fail saying that field XYZ cannot be found.

    Well, I go to the step, reselect the field, be sure that the field is there, that is coming from the previous transformation, save again, run again and....

    Error again.

    It started with IF NULL component, then went to STRING OPERATIONS component and now is failing at the first Lookup component. So, if I remove one component and do the transformation in the SQL, the next component will fail anyway.

    I am almost quitting this tool.

    Can anyone provide some help?

    Thanks



    2014/12/16 07:56:55 - FatoDespesa - Dispatching started for transformation [FatoDespesa]
    2014/12/16 07:56:55 - FatoDespesa.0 - Connected to database [PostgreSQL - Financeiro] (commit=1000)
    2014/12/16 07:57:10 - Lookup DimNivel1.0 - ERROR (version 5.2.0.0, build 1 from 2014-09-30_19-48-28 by buildguy) : Unexpected error
    2014/12/16 07:57:10 - Lookup DimNivel1.0 - ERROR (version 5.2.0.0, build 1 from 2014-09-30_19-48-28 by buildguy) : org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleStepException:
    2014/12/16 07:57:10 - Lookup DimNivel1.0 - Field [N1] is required and couldn't be found!
    2014/12/16 07:57:10 - Lookup DimNivel1.0 -
    2014/12/16 07:57:10 - Lookup DimNivel1.0 - at org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.databaselookup.DatabaseLookup.processRow(DatabaseLookup.java:395)
    2014/12/16 07:57:10 - Lookup DimNivel1.0 - at org.pentaho.di.trans.step.RunThread.run(RunThread.java:62)
    2014/12/16 07:57:10 - Lookup DimNivel1.0 - at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2014/12/16 07:57:10 - Calculator.0 - Finished processing (I=0, O=0, R=2, W=2, U=0, E=0)
    2014/12/16 07:57:11 - Despesas.0 - Finished reading query, closing connection.
    2014/12/16 07:57:11 - Lookup DimNivel1.0 - Finished processing (I=0, O=0, R=1, W=0, U=0, E=1)
    2014/12/16 07:57:11 - FatoDespesa - Transformation detected one or more steps with errors.
    2014/12/16 07:57:11 - FatoDespesa - Transformation is killing the other steps!
    2014/12/16 07:57:11 - Despesas.0 - Finished processing (I=4, O=0, R=0, W=2, U=0, E=0)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I suspect, now, that the culprit is the Java Vm's charset encoding, because when I run in my windows desktop, it works, however, when I run through Carte in a Linux Server, it crashes.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Changed Java Virtual Machine to UTF8 and nothing changed, still the same problem.

    I load one transformation from my desktop and it works.

    I redirect it to run through Carte and it breaks and says that he could not find a field from input steam. The field is the, otherwise would not run in my windows computer.

    Here is the simple stuff:

    Transformation

    Name:  pent1.png
Views: 60
Size:  5.6 KB

    Table Input

    Name:  pent2.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  14.4 KB

    Table Output

    Name:  pent3.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  18.4 KB

    List of output of the last step

    Name:  pent4.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  9.9 KB

    thanks in advance, I will persist in this martyrdom.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Well, I forced the software to run using ISO-8859-1

    and the problem still persists.

  5. #5

    Default

    I had these issues in the past with Carte too, the main reason for these kind of issues in my environment was the PDI database cache because carte and spoon use the same KETTLE_HOME directory.
    If such strange things happen, I close Carte, I close Spoon and delete the db-cache in the KETTLE_HOME folder manually (file db.cache in PDI4, db.cache-5.1.0.0 in PDI5.1). Clearing DB-Cache in Spoon not always helps for me. Then I start Carte and Spoon again and all is fine :-). You should check which directory the Carte-Service is using as KETTLE_HOME and delete the cache there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Make sure you use the same version of PDI on both Windows and Linux. I've found 5.0 to be more stable than 5.2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Privacy Policy | Legal Notices | Safe Harbor Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Hitachi Vantara Corporation. All Rights Reserved.