Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Transforming one file at a time

Default Transforming one file at a time

Hi,

I have created a transformation to fetch a csv file and convert it into a desired format by picking data from specific rows (e.g. 1st and 3rd row).

The transformation works fine with one file; however while dealing with multiple files the transformation starts transforming consecutive files as well for each step. Due to this the system is not able to pick up correct data for file 2 onwards and gives an error.

I would like to know if there's any way where I can control the execution of multiple files and have the Transformation only process one file at a time i.e. first process all steps for file 1 and then repeat all steps for file 2 onwards.

FYI: I am using text file input and regular expressions to pick up multiple files.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I am having issues while uploading a screenshot, will try again later and upload it soon.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Kunal

Create a job to get the list of files. Copy rows to result as final step. Now call your transformation passing the fields as parameters, so you transformation uses the job "output" as input and processes each file on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by DepButi View Post
    Now call your transformation passing the fields as parameters, so you transformation uses the job "output" as input and processes each file on its own.
    It might help to enable row processing.

Name:  per-row.png
Views: 375
Size:  21.6 KB
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Thanks guys for help. Really appreciate it.