Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Cannot delete or move Zip file using unzipping step in Job

Default Cannot delete or move Zip file using unzipping step in Job

Hi,

I am trying to unzip and move/delete the zip after the extraction using the "unzip file" step. But it is not able to delete or move the Zip file and giving me an error saying " File is still in use". I believe this is due to kettle still referencing to this zip file because the moment I close kettle I am able to delete the file.

FYI: when I try manually deleting the file I get following system error:

"this action cannot be completed because the folder is open in java platform se binary"

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
    Last edited by kbinivale; 12-17-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Just to let you know, this works as advertised for me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Hi Team ,

I am trying to delete files from job once transformation is completed successfully.
    But it is not deleting these files always, when I tried to delete them manually , it pops the message:

"The action cannot be completed because the file is open in java(TM) platform SE binary"

I guess it is because Pentaho is not able to close the file even the transformation is complete.
    I am not good at java ,but is there any way we can close the Files using java code before deleting these files !!!
    I am trying to resolve using that logic with the help of google, If anyone has done it already , please do share there logic of steps of resolution.

Thanks

I am encountering the same problem. Any time i use the "Get File Names" step, I am unable to move, rename, or delete the file it touches becuase of the error "this action cannot be completed because the folder is open in java platform se binary" even if the transformation is complete in Spoon. Im Using windows 10, PDI v 7.1.

If you think you encountered a bug in Kettle, feel free to attach a testcase for peer review.
    If you are super sure, you can skip that and file an issue directly.
    Anyway, it's a good idea to advertise your Jira case here in the forum, so readers might feel inclined to vote for it to raise its priority.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Hi all ,

we are calling ktrs from java , and it is locked there , thats why it was not deleting the file.
    Thanks all for there help