Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho MapReduce job for Cloudera 5.2 (YARN2)

Default Pentaho MapReduce job for Cloudera 5.2 (YARN2)

I'm using PDI 5.2 community edition (Kettle).

I'm also running a three node cluster through CDH5.2 (Cloudera 5.2). I don't see shims for CDH52 so am using the shims for CDH51 instead. HDFS connectivity from Kettle works fine, which made me very much excited.

I was trying a sample practice in http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/BAD/...regate+Dataset.

Following the practice, I'm trying to connect to the cluster through the "Pentaho MapReduce" job. However, when I see the "Cluster" tab of the "Pentaho MapReduce" job, I see the settings for JobTrackers instead of settings for ResourceManager.

I checked the instruction in the wiki site (http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/BAD/...for+YARN+Shims), but honestly, I am not following what it is saying since I am a beginner in this area.

Do you have any idea what I am possibly missing?

Thanks,
    Daniel

The UI has not been updated for MapReduce v2 / YARN, hence the references to JobTracker, NameNode, etc. Most of the settings you'll need for CDH 5.x are in the shim (the *-site.xml files). Set the hostname properties to match your cluster (they default to the Cloudera QuickStart VM), and in the Pentaho MapReduce dialog, whenever you see a reference to a NameNode or JobTracker hostname, use the ResourceManager hostname. If it refers to an HDFS location, use your ResourceManager's hostname in the HDFS URL.

Thank you for the help. It worked as I followed your guidance.
    For those who may be scratching their head as I did, what I did was to put the correct hostname in the YARN shims (plugins/pentaho-big-data-plugin/hadoop-configurations/cdh51/yarn-site.xml file) as below:

<name>yarn.resourcemanager.hostname</name>
    <value>n1.example.com</value>

And then from the Cluster tab of the Pentaho MapReduce dialog, I've put the hostname, n1.example.com, for the Job Tracker Hostname (which is actually a hostname for the ResourceManager) and 8032 for the Job Tracker Port (which is actually the port for CDH5.2 ResourceManager).

Daniel

Talking Pentaho MapReduce job for Apache hadoop2.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by interlee View Post
    Thank you for the help. It worked as I followed your guidance.
    For those who may be scratching their head as I did, what I did was to put the correct hostname in the YARN shims (plugins/pentaho-big-data-plugin/hadoop-configurations/cdh51/yarn-site.xml file) as below:

<name>yarn.resourcemanager.hostname</name>
    <value>n1.example.com</value>

And then from the Cluster tab of the Pentaho MapReduce dialog, I've put the hostname, n1.example.com, for the Job Tracker Hostname (which is actually a hostname for the ResourceManager) and 8032 for the Job Tracker Port (which is actually the port for CDH5.2 ResourceManager).

Daniel
    Hi,
    Recently i am using pentaho kettle 5.2.0, mostly i used it with apache community hadoop2.2.0, not the business version(cloudera or hortornworks). But when i do it as the wiki said :
    http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/BAD/...regate+Dataset
    It comes out an error. After i run the job "aggregate_mr.kjb", the libraries in the plugins/pentaho-big-data-plugin/hadoop-configurations/hadoop-2.2.0/lib will be put into the HDFS(/opt/pentaho/mapreduce/5.2.0.0-5.2.0.0-209-hadoop-2.2.0). The error is the "/opt/pentaho/mapreduce/5.2.0.0-5.2.0.0-209-hadoop-2.2.0/lib/zookkeeper-3.5.3.jar ... is not a valid dfs filename" . Do you know why?
    Or do you knnow whether pentaho kettle can work well with apache community hadoop2.x ?
    Thank you very much!
    Name:  FB)K](2ME2TV{ACTVK440TW.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  7.8 KB