Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Security Roles

Default Security Roles

Hi all,

I am trying to design a dashboard related with some test results. I would like to include "high-level" information also. Is it possible to create roles with different grants over different reports? For example, a Manager could review the economic side of the project and the test results, but the technician will be only able to see the results.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the Dashboard, but if you're working with mondrian cubes in it, cubes have their own roles. See this: http://mondrian.pentaho.com/document...Access_control

That kind of security, mixed up with the default pentaho security roles should do the trick, I think.

Thanks for your response farrigada.
    This seems good to prevent the access to data. My question is, how can I connect the role I am logged in the dashboard with the mondrian cubes? Sorry if it seems so simple but I have no experience with Pentaho.

Don't worry I'm trying to answer that question myself (I have no experience either). Sorry for the late answer, but when I find the solution I'll let you know.