Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Writing to user home directories

Default Writing to user home directories

I'm having issues with BI Server 5.1 where a user without Create New Content cannot schedule reports.

I want them to be able to schedule reports, have those reports dropped into their user folder, but I don't want them to be able to create new content
    which opens up the File->New option.

I'm not sure if this has been fixed in 5.2 but it is very annoying since in effect I need to schedule all their reports for them as an Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by flamierd View Post
    I'm having issues with BI Server 5.1 where a user without Create New Content cannot schedule reports.

I want them to be able to schedule reports, have those reports dropped into their user folder, but I don't want them to be able to create new content
    which opens up the File->New option.

I'm not sure if this has been fixed in 5.2 but it is very annoying since in effect I need to schedule all their reports for them as an Administrator.
    Depending on your security...One method:

Go to Administration...
    Create a role called, "Personal Scheduler".
    Go to the role in the role list
    Assign the role you created "Schedule Content" AND "Create Content"
    Assign the role to the users you want to have the ability to schedule content.

Wish that would work, the issue here is that Mantle is still going to give them create privs. I'm using ldap security. For some reason the user does not have write perms to their directory.

Could be a configuration issue.....essentially my users have write access (according to perms) but still can't write to their directories without the Create New Content permission attached to their role.

They have full perms in their Home/<username> ...but still can't create folders there or schedule reports to be written there.

The more I look at it the more I think my original view is correct, though it may be an issue with LDAP and Pentaho.

View and execute security work fine.
    However without Create Content, the user is unable to initiate any action that results in a file being created in the file system, even when they have write permissions to a specific directory.
    Unfortunately Create Content is a system priv which also allows them access to numerous plugin tools which I do not want them to have.

This is a conundrum for me.