Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Cant run pentaho : PluginManager.ERROR_0014 - Plugin pentaho-cdf

Unhappy Cant run pentaho : PluginManager.ERROR_0014 - Plugin pentaho-cdf

I can't run my pentaho server deployed in my own tomcat server (I use pentaho 5.3 CE)

Error log:

2015-03-24 11:12:14,980 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.util.logging.Logger] Error: Pentaho
    2015-03-24 11:12:14,981 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.util.logging.Logger] misc-class org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.pluginmgr.DefaultPluginManager: PluginManager.ERROR_0014 - Plugin pentaho-cdf failed to properly unload
    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at pt.webdetails.cpf.SimpleLifeCycleListener.unLoaded(SimpleLifeCycleListener.java:42)
    at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.pluginmgr.PlatformPlugin.unLoaded(PlatformPlugin.java:216)
    at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.pluginmgr.DefaultPluginManager.unloadPlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:128)
    at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.pluginmgr.DefaultPluginManager.unloadAllPlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:770)
    at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.pluginmgr.PluginAdapter.shutdown(PluginAdapter.java:47)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.shutdown(PentahoSystem.java:1027)
    at org.pentaho.platform.web.http.context.SolutionContextListener.contextDestroyed(SolutionContextListener.java:243)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(StandardContext.java:4980)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stopInternal(StandardContext.java:5626)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.stop(LifecycleBase.java:232)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:160)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:976)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1653)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at pt.webdetails.cpf.PluginEnvironment.repository(PluginEnvironment.java:29)
    at pt.webdetails.cpf.CpfProperties.getInstance(CpfProperties.java:45)
    at pt.webdetails.cpf.persistence.PersistenceEngine.<clinit>(PersistenceEngine.java:62)
    ... 21 more
    2015-03-24 11:12:14,983 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.util.logging.Logger] Error end:

Someone have a solution?

Hi.

This error is probably unrelated to the fact that you can't start Pentaho. Even if it's related, it's not the cause, just a consequence.

Are you using Pentaho default database for metadata (in Hypersonic) or did you change it?
    Best Regards,

Hugo Cerqueira
    Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse Analyst

Thanks for replying!

I use Postgres.
    It seems also that there is others errors in catalina console:
    SEVERE: The web application [/pentaho] appears to have started a thread named [S
    tore libloader-data Spool Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely
    to create a memory leak.
    25 Mar, 2015 12:51:09 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearRefer
    encesThreads
    SEVERE: The web application [/pentaho] appears to have started a thread named [S
    tore org.pentaho.platform.repository.solution.dbbased.RepositoryFile.accessContr
    ols Spool Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a mem
    ory leak.
    25 Mar, 2015 12:51:09 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearRefer
    encesThreads
    tore pentahoCache Spool Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely t
    o create a memory leak.
    encesThreads
    tore org.pentaho.platform.repository.solution.dbbased.RepositoryFile Spool Threa
    d] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
    encesThreads

I see. A few days ago I installed Pentaho CE 5.3 (manual install), using PostgreSQL for metadata.

I noticed some strange behaviour: I had to start Hypersonic in order for Pentaho to work, even after configuring it to use Postgres. It seems the Hibernate database was still in Hypersonic somehow, regardless of the configurations. I still don't know what causes it, but it may be the same problem you're facing. I even reported that in the forum:

http://forums.pentaho.com/showthread...t-it-shouldn-t (unfortunately it's still unresolved)

You could perform a test: start Hypersonic first (the script is in the "data" directory) and after that start Pentaho. If Pentaho starts, check what connections are made to Postgres. Check if the three repositories in Postgres (jackrabbit, hibernate and quartz) are being used.
    Best Regards,

Hugo Cerqueira

Hi.

I performed the test and it worked and it seems that Pentaho dont use my Postgres database .
    That meens that I must use Hypersonic in my final tomcat server and that's not realy a good option for me.
    Last edited by HediBA; 03-27-2015 at 04:43 AM.

Are your files in pentaho-solutions properly set? There are four files that must be edited to use your Postgres repository:

../pentaho-solutions/system/quartz/quartz.properties
    ../pentaho-solutions/system/hibernate/hibernate-settings.xml
    ../pentaho-solutions/system/hibernate/postgresql.hibernate.cfg.xml
    ../pentaho-solutions/system/jackrabbit/repository.xml

Did you edit them?

Also, the context.xml file in you pentaho.war file must be modified to use Postgres repository.
    Last edited by hrcerq; 03-27-2015 at 08:58 AM.
    Best Regards,

Hugo Cerqueira

yes sure. I followed this tutorial http://help.pentaho.com/Documentatio...F0/0K0/040/0A0

Well, then I'm afraid we are facing the same problem, and that means I can't help you any further (at least for now). Sorry for that.

That's one of the reasons why I'm still using Pentaho 5.01.
    Best Regards,

Hugo Cerqueira

thank you anyway for your help.