Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Separate documentation at Root Level for Enterprise Edition and Community Edition !!

Smile Separate documentation at Root Level for Enterprise Edition and Community Edition !!

Hi Everybody,

It took me so many days to figure out that the documentation for the Enterprise Edition and the Community Edition is not segregated at ROOT LEVEL.
    And also when a particular process/step is explained in the Infocenter, there is NO mention of the Edition to which that info. is related to. I don't know if this has Not been done inadvertently to force people to move to Enterprise Edition. If not then, I wish that the documentation is separated at the Root Level (meaning that "Here" is the total documentation for the Community Edition and "Here" is the total documentation for Enterprise Edition). This would make things easier for people who choose to work with a particular Edition.

Regards
    BiSeeker

Hi BiSeeker,

The infocenter is written for the Enterprise Edition. Pentaho give this documentation free for everyone to use (In the past you have to be a client of Pentaho to get access to this kind of information). A Community edition is quit often less well documented because who will make that documentation (who is going to pay for it).

Regards,
    Johan