Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Upload Files to FTP step

Default Upload Files to FTP step

Hello, i have a problem connecting to the FTP server when using the "Upload files to FTPS step":
    i have an ssl explicit connection type.
    i put on the server name : ftpes://xxxxxxxxxx.com
    port: 21
    username: yyyyy@xxxxxxxxxx.com
    Connection type : TLS
    when i click on test connection the first time the error message shows : Error Trying to connect to host! Exception: Error connecting to host [ftpes://xxxxxxxxxx.com:21]! FtpIOException--> Return Value: 530 Description : Error connection to : ftpes://xxxxxxxxxx.com:21

When i click on test button at the second time it shows connection OK,
    But when i execute my job the same error message show up.

Anyone idea please.

Thnaks in advance

Hello,

+1 for this thread, I've got the exact same bug (connexion test okay when setting up parameters, but fails when executing)

Thank you for helping

The trick of test ok is that it is do check only for first time. After you change something in settings - this still be ok in any case. Close and reopen job entry can help - old issue - seems still not be fixed - may be in 6.0
    Do not put server name with 'ftpes' - just use DNS server name.
    And one thing - if it could be valuable for your case - I am not 100% ftpes/ftps job entries can guarantee mitm protection. If it is possible may consider sftp step where is ftp is inside ssh.
    Anyway - hope it will help.

The problem is solved i had i problem with the certificate, once i added it to the keystore , it works perfectly.

The test button works only for the first time, if you want to retest you have to close the step and re-open it. it's a pentaho bug.

Thanks,

Hi Zaineb,

I am facing same to issue to connect to FTPS server and once I click on test connect its throwing error and in second attempt its get connected. But I run at Job level its not connecting.