Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Schedule a job(location: linux) from windows spoon schedule option

Default Schedule a job(location: linux) from windows spoon schedule option

Hi,
    It would be great if some one could share their thoughts on how to Schedule a job(location: linux) from windows spoon schedule option?

I have job which has some transformations. These are stored in Repository which is a Linux Server. Now I want to schedule the job using spoon schedule option from my windows client. Any inputs?

Regards,
    Harris

Thought: Don't do it.

Use cron on the Linux box to call kitchen to run the job directly out of the repository. There are a bunch of examples around the forum on how to do this.

Thanks a lot for your inputs gutlez. Could you please give me some more details on why NOT to do it from windows client?

Cheers,
    Harris

Using the "schedule" option in the Start Job Entry is only truly functional in Enterprise Edition, specifically in the Pentaho Data Integration Server.

If you are not using DIServer, I would not recommend trying to use the Schedule in the Start Job.
    If you are using DIServer (Enterprise Edition), then you would have a support contract, and would be able to ask Pentaho directly how best to accomplish the goal.