Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Run PDI transformation from HTML app

Default Run PDI transformation from HTML app

Hello,

I'd like to execute a PDI transformation directly from an HTML/js simple app instead of the command window.

I don't know if it's possible or if any of you have done something familiar .

But any hint or help would be highly apreciated .

I see this type of request come up quite regularly, and I can never understand the use-case.

Data Integration is for routine data movement (system to system), not really for user-event.
    Could you walk me through the use-case?

Thank you Gutlez for replying.

In my case, my app offers the possibility to visualise and querry cube dimensions.
    It's simply made with html/js , JSP page and some libraries.

I'd like to dedicate a web page for the user to be able to start a PDI transformation directly from the web app, without having to run it in an external way from the command window .

I'm thinking about integrating the .ktr transformation in a batch file (.bat).
    However I'm not sure about the right way to integrate this batch file in my web page (html/js or jsp page)

Hi emaktb

Yes. Take a look at http://www.ibridge.be/?p=199
    It worked very well when I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by emaktb View Post
    I'd like to dedicate a web page for the user to be able to start a PDI transformation directly from the web app, without having to run it in an external way from the command window
    I'm still not seeing what you're trying to accomplish. If it's data outbound to a user, then implementing the PRD libraries makes much more sense (and they can call KTR files as a data-source)

If you're running html/js, then you likely have a Tomcat engine running, so why not use the BI Server stack?