Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Google Analytics Authentication

Default Google Analytics Authentication

Hey everyone, new user here. Having some trouble with Kettle's Google Analytics step.

Getting the following errors:
    ERROR (version 5.4.0.0-128, build 1 from 2015-06-03_13-41-59 by buildguy) : Authentication failure occurred when contacting Google Analytics.
    Please verify the credentials in the service account email and key file fields as well as your network connectivity.
    ERROR (version 5.4.0.0-128, build 1 from 2015-06-03_13-41-59 by buildguy) : com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.TokenResponseException: 400 Bad Request
    org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.googleanalytics.GaInputStepMeta@304d0259 - {
    org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.googleanalytics.GaInputStepMeta@304d0259 - "error" : "invalid_grant"
    org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.googleanalytics.GaInputStepMeta@304d0259 - }

Followed this guide closely: http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/Google+Analytics

The invalid grant error points at a possible server time sync issue. Tried resolving that by messing about with the regedit on my windows 7 desktop, didn't get me through however.

Hopefully somebody can help me out with this, thanks!

Hi, I am having the same problem and have isolated the issue to our firewall (if I put the same parameters in Pentaho and run outside the network, it authenticates fine). However, I cannot find the IP range or URL domain that needs to be whitelisted (www.googleapis.com is already whitelisted). Any help is appreciated.

I had to whitelist accounts.google.com as well as www.googleapis.com in order to get authentication through the firewall.

Even I'm having the same issues with Google analytics. What should I do?

Fixed.
    Last edited by danielpchow; 08-14-2015 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Figured out

Hi Daniel,

Can you please tell us how you fixed this issue?

It may not be the reason for Daniel's issue, but be sure that the API account has been added as an authorized user to a Google Analytics account.

PDI 6.0 also has a few additional fixes/improvements beyond the stock 5.4.0.0 release, so it may be useful to try the step there.