Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Creating a dashboard portal which will give a good interactive OLAP view to the user

Post Creating a dashboard portal which will give a good interactive OLAP view to the user

Hi,

I have a requirement as to create cubesbased on some fact and dimension tables and then publishing it in localhost.There will be a portal where user can login and can see the charts and can do slice and dice and can add filters and able to see the reports.

I have downloaded Pentaho BI server CE 5.2.0 version for publishing
    and
    Pentaho Schema Workbench 3.9.0 for creating cubes.I was working in JPivot and created some sample cubes and published successfully in localhost.But it is not giving that drag and drop features.

I wanted to Know how to install SAIKU Analytics(as i believe drag and drop features are present there) in Windows system for Community version and also how to create the dashboard/Portal(by which Ctool) consisting of multiple charts where user can select filter and based on it the charts will populate.

Also the dashboard can give a good UI experience to the user

I am an ETL developer and am new to this Pentaho OLAP designing.Please help me on this

http://meteorite.bi/downloads/saiku-plugin-p5-2.6.zip

paste saiku folder in pentaho-solutions/system

Quote Originally Posted by Debu View Post
    I wanted to Know how to install SAIKU Analytics(as i believe drag and drop features are present there) in Windows system for Community version and also how to create the dashboard/Portal(by which Ctool) consisting of multiple charts where user can select filter and based on it the charts will populate.
    Use the Marketplace.

It's in your User Console once you have your BIServer running.