Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to provide dynamic start date for Date Input Component

Default How to provide dynamic start date for Date Input Component

Hi,

I am using 'Date Input Component' in my dashboard. In this, we have one property as 'Start Date' where we can specify start date in calendar, so that earlier dates before start date will be disabled. I can provide hard coded value. But I want to set 'Start Date' as first date of current year.

Please help, how to provide dynamic start date value in 'Date input component'.

Thanks.

Hi,

This post may give you the idea on custom date input parameter default values. Get current date using java script/jquery and place it in place of parameter in the code that you will see in post.

Link : http://pentaho-bi-suite.blogspot.in/...t-in-date.html

Not tested - hope it helps you.

Cheers.!
    - Sadakar Pochampalli

Hi Sadakar,

I have already referred that link, but unable to provide dynamic start date. I don't want to change parameter value, instead I want to set start date of date input component.
    Thanks.

You can try similar to this stack overflow thread for your parameter default value.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-in-javascript

Thanks
    - Sadakar Pochampalli

In "Pre Execution" set start date like this.

function f(){
    render_[Date Input Component Name].startDate = new Date().getFullYear() + "-01-01";
    }
    Hope this helps.

Lightbulb Use Pre Execution

You can use the following function in Pre Execution

Code:
    function f(){
        render_[Name of the Date Component].startDate = new Date().getFullYear() + "-01-01";
    }

Hi,

In this thread, how to form year first date is given. What I want is, dynamically provide range for calendar. Like if I provide '01-01-2015' as start date property value, then user won't be able to select previous date like '30-Dec-2014' in calendar. I know how to provide hard coded value, but don't know how to provide dynamic value.

Thanks.

Hello Friends,

One of our friend helped me with this issue. Solution is, use below code in 'pre execution' of date input component.

function f(){
    render_Date_Input_Control_Name.startDate = new Date().getFullYear() + "-01-01";
    }

Hello, same code not working for me. Its just setting start date of date range input component to specified date in pre execution function.But what i want is user won't be able to select earlier dates for start date and later dates for end date.

function f(){
    render_[Date Input Component Name].startDate = new Date().getFullYear() + "-01-01";
    }

Anyone knows how to do that?