Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Uploading Data Sources to User Console

Exclamation Uploading Data Sources to User Console

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of migrating my company from version 4.8 to 5.3 of Pentaho EE.
    After using the migration tool included with 5.3, I noticed that none of my existing data sources for Interactive Reports transferred over from 4.8. I did some investigating and discovered that the .xmi files were living in the \biserver-ee\pentaho-solutions\admin\resources directory for 4.8, which the migration tool does not touch.
    It looks like I can upload each of these .xmi files one at a time to the user console in 5.3, but seeing as I have hundreds of .xmi files I was wondering if anyone knew of a better way of getting this data in to the repository?
    Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you,

Jenna

I suggest going to support.pentaho.com to pose the same question. Since you have EE, this is exactly the kind of issue they are used to solving or need to know is a friction point.

I would say this, you may need to import the xmi files via the datasource manager if they are really metadata schemas or some such thing. Uploading them to the repository (JCR) won't really put them in play. Also, I'm not sure why you are going to version 5.3 instead of 5.4 of the EE server. There should be no reason not to run the latest codeline that Pentaho offers. This is not like the normal patching dance they have you do where you install and old version, layer it 5 times, then go to the next bigger version.

Check out the import-export.sh or import-export.bat file in your 5.x biserver-ee directory. It has options to import datasources, but painfully the syntax is different for those than for importing files from the filesystem into their new repository.