Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: BA5.4 reports blank: jndi name SampleData

Default BA5.4 reports blank: jndi name SampleData

Hi:
    I am using a 5.4 install. The BA server is up and running on 8080. But when i try to open a report throwing this error in tomcat/logs/pentaho.log

Linux:
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: PentahoDatasourceConnectionProvider.ERROR_0002 - Unable to factory object for jndi name SampleData for reason Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

Windows:
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: PentahoDatasourceConnectionProvider.ERROR_0002 - Unable to factory object for jndi name SampleData for reason javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name SampleData is not bound in this Context
    Last edited by shota; 08-16-2015 at 09:10 PM.

I believe that this error occurs if you allow Pentaho to start up with the sample data archives present. Before booting up the server for the first time, do the following:

1. Comment out the references to HSQLDB DATABASES and HSQLDB STARTER in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/web.xml

2. Remove all zip files from $PENTAHO_HOME/server/biserver-ee/pentaho-solutions/system/default-content

I am not sure what platform you are working with - I am working with Linux containers, so it's easy for me to start from scratch over and over again, but I spent a while battling the same issue as you. Even following the above steps did not work for me after I had booted the server up once, but I believe that's due to data that gets populated in the jackrabbit database after startup. Dropping/recreating the repository tables and doing the above may solve your issue. Starting a fresh container and doing the above FIRST solved the issue for me, and I no longer see the exception in the logs.